Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Life Member DSC and SCI
Hunted
RSA East Cape 3X, NW Province, Mozambique, NZ 2X, Namibia 2X, Mongolia
I began big game hunting in 2011 and am providing photos of the taxidermy work for entertainment. I have a modest size home but fortunately 10 foot ceilings in living room. My brother is a custom home builder, so after I run outta room l will have to build larger home I guess. It's been fun and expensive. You have to get creative with limited space. I appreciate getting to share this madness with those interested.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing! We like seeing other members taxidermy(y)(y)(y) Its good that you have your brother able to build you a custom place one day, cause it looks like you may need it:ROFLMAO:

LOL. Does a spouse share that living room with you? If so, she deserves a medal. :) It is a fine madness.

The mounts are amazing. Fine representation of what I’m sure were really amazing hunts. You’ve utilized the space really well and may need that larger room sooner than later if you keep having successful hunts like those.

But why is your wine cooler so empty? This is serious cause for concern. Hopefully you have a large basement to supplement the cooler with bottles. ;)

A good hunt story shouldn’t be told until the proper amount of adult beverage has been consumed.

Beautiful trophy room sir! That croc skin rug is impressive. Or is it gator?

Impressive! Like others have said, you may end up having to built that new house sooner rather than later. LOL!!!! If you are married, your wife must be a great woman. I am one of those fortunate ones who found the right one, and doesn't mind me hanging dead stuff on the walls as long as they are not in her bedroom. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks for sharing your space. Hell of a job using your space. Some very nice trophies.

Great room. I always thought I would do a rug with my first Zebra, but I am loving some of the pedestal mounts I've seen like yours.

For some one who just started in 2011 you have had a hell of a start. Congrats

Very nice. Kinda reminds me of my current house.. I too am just about of of wall space. Keep hunting! Remember when you run out of wall space it's time for more pedestal mounts. LOL Curious who does your taxidermy?

Many thanks for your viewing and feedback. The croc was taken in Moz and was near 14'. All Conroe Taxidermy work. They are about 4 hours from me. No wife yet. Must love bird dogs. Wine shipment is on the way! Headed back to East Cape for Eland, Sable, Aoudad and some smallies in May. Will continue to post.

Hutch01, am I ever jealous! I’ve been a hunter for nearly 65 years and never mounted anything until a couple of years ago. You have done well the last 6 years!
Is that a GSP in your picture? I have an old GSP that we’re getting close to his last hunt. I’m already sad to know he probably doesn’t have another couple of years.
Keep up the good hunting!

Amazing trophies! But I wonder if your cat and dog feel as if they're next if they don't behave!! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe @BRICKBURN or Jerome can reopen that thread where members show off their trophy rooms. Would be fun to see again and see who's added what.

If you find a wife that will share that room, she will be very special! She will probably want to add her own to your collection. Can't wait to see the house you will build some day with a trophy room built for that purpose!

Love the croc...

After your next hunt, you will need a bigger house :LOL:

Nice. My wife is a custom builder. She said in a few years when she builds our (her) dream house I can have all the mounts I want. As long as they're displayed in my own personal storage building somewhere else on the property.

My family has quail hunted NW Texas for a few decades. We always kept dogs even in bad years. Around 2011 we were in awful draught and bird counts at all time low. I was watching Sportsman channel and decided to look up one of my old college buddies who live in Hill Country and went down and hunted axis and blackbuck. Then I was at fishing camp in Louisianna some time later and a fellow GSP owner invited me to East Cape for plains game the following year. I will hunt Africa as many times as possible until I'm dead. It's a disease like quail hunting or calf roping! Gets in your blood.. as you all know!

Except I got another problem. I just contacted Cabelas TAGS and am putting together a long term strategy to hunt the North American 10. I've put in for sheep in three states, have already collected whitetail and cougar. Not enough time for one life..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you