Trophies finally here in the states...

Johhny,

Did you get them tanned over there or did you do dip/pack?

Sorry about the misspelled name in the previous post Johnny

No. Just dip pack. I want my taxidermist to be responsible for the hides.

Cool, yeah me too regarding the hides

Johnny, I think you are lucky to get your trophies so quick,
I hunted Namibia in June of 2015, trophies made it to shipping agent in Namibia the day before Christmas vacation, well paper work problem , then shipped to Dulles instead of Atlanta , put on hold in Dulles , then shipped to Atlanta, now waiting on call from Coppersmith. Forrest

Good stuff Johnny!

You know what you're going to do exactly?

Good stuff Johnny!

You know what you're going to do exactly?
Yes for sure. Doing a triple pedestal like this for my eland , kudu and gemsbuck. Then I'll do a double pedestal for the zebra and hartebeest, and a wall pedestal for the duiker.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, I think you are lucky to get your trophies so quick,
I hunted Namibia in June of 2015, trophies made it to shipping agent in Namibia the day before Christmas vacation, well paper work problem , then shipped to Dulles instead of Atlanta , put on hold in Dulles , then shipped to Atlanta, now waiting on call from Coppersmith. Forrest
I think one advantage I had was my outfitter had a dip and pack facility on the property so trophies were looked after very quickly. I missed the Christmas cut off date by several days but I think all in all I'll have them mounted and in the house by mid/ late summer.

Nice, I like to multiple animal pedestals, may get one after my next rip

I think the 3 pedestal mounts are a great idea, really a wall space saver. and look great too. Forrest

I'm leaving late afternoon on April 27th, hunting first thing the morning of April29th with Paw Print! How about you, when is your short hunt while on vacation later this year?

I'm leaving late afternoon on April 27th, hunting first thing the morning of April29th with Paw Print! How about you, when is your short hunt while on vacation later this year?
. I leave on April 30th for a week. Going to try and complete the spiral slam I need the Nyala and bushbuck to complete. Also on the hit list is waterbuck. Let's see how lucky I can get in a day of hunting.

Hi Johnny,
I am glad your trophies made it to the states in good order! Next comes the anticipation and joy of the taxidermy. Best of luck on your "short" hunt.

Thanks my friend

. I leave on April 30th for a week. Going to try and complete the spiral slam I need the Nyala and bushbuck to complete. Also on the hit list is waterbuck. Let's see how lucky I can get in a day of hunting.

Where you headed @johnnyblues

@johnnyblues , enjoy the trip in April. Hope you get your spiral trophies. Which outfitter?

Gentlemen I'm only hunting one day as its not a hunting trip. This is a vacation with the wife. I'll be proudly hunting with Jono of Kingsview safaris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!