Trijicom

TomC

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI Life Member, NRA Life Member, N.A.H.C. Life Member, Buckmaster Life Member, BASS Life Member
Hunted
U.S.A. - Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, New York, New Brunswick Canada, Alberta Canada
Thank you everyone for the great advise.
Has anyone used a Trijicom RMR on a large caliber bolt action in 458 win mag, it would be used primarily for DG
and at 57 my eyes are not what they were 20 years ago.
NO scope, Small scope or Red dot/Trijicom type?

This is always such a personal preference...

If your eyes ain't what they used to be then it is either the small scope, or the red dot. If it is really for DG and the shots are going to be close then I like the red dot. Quick acquisition and handling. I know Jumbo has been tickled with the RMR he put on his double.

I have a .458 Lott somewhere in my future. It will have a red dot on it.

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/trijicon-rmr-for-a-double-what-size-dot.13778/

I use a Trijicon 1x4.5 with the green triangle command post and really like it, leave it on 1 power for the brush and if a longer shot comes you can crank it up

TomC, I have one on my double .470NE and can only rave about it!

Never tried on a bolt gun, but cant see any reason it wouldn't be great! As Royal 27 says.............I am tickled with it and will be using it on my buff hunt which starts in 30 days!!! ;)

will let you know after that!

TomC, I have one on my double .470NE and can only rave about it!

Never tried on a bolt gun, but cant see any reason it wouldn't be great! As Royal 27 says.............I am tickled with it and will be using it on my buff hunt which starts in 30 days!!! ;)

will let you know after that!
Thank you, Please do. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross