Trijicom

TomC

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI Life Member, NRA Life Member, N.A.H.C. Life Member, Buckmaster Life Member, BASS Life Member
Hunted
U.S.A. - Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, New York, New Brunswick Canada, Alberta Canada
Thank you everyone for the great advise.
Has anyone used a Trijicom RMR on a large caliber bolt action in 458 win mag, it would be used primarily for DG
and at 57 my eyes are not what they were 20 years ago.
NO scope, Small scope or Red dot/Trijicom type?

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
This is always such a personal preference...

If your eyes ain't what they used to be then it is either the small scope, or the red dot. If it is really for DG and the shots are going to be close then I like the red dot. Quick acquisition and handling. I know Jumbo has been tickled with the RMR he put on his double.

I have a .458 Lott somewhere in my future. It will have a red dot on it.

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/trijicon-rmr-for-a-double-what-size-dot.13778/

Spooksar

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NFA ,CSSA NRA, CCFR
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Canada (BC, Alberta Nunavet) Texas, New Mexico
I use a Trijicon 1x4.5 with the green triangle command post and really like it, leave it on 1 power for the brush and if a longer shot comes you can crank it up

Jumbo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
TomC, I have one on my double .470NE and can only rave about it!

Never tried on a bolt gun, but cant see any reason it wouldn't be great! As Royal 27 says.............I am tickled with it and will be using it on my buff hunt which starts in 30 days!!! ;)

will let you know after that!

TomC

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI Life Member, NRA Life Member, N.A.H.C. Life Member, Buckmaster Life Member, BASS Life Member
Hunted
U.S.A. - Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, New York, New Brunswick Canada, Alberta Canada
TomC, I have one on my double .470NE and can only rave about it!

Never tried on a bolt gun, but cant see any reason it wouldn't be great! As Royal 27 says.............I am tickled with it and will be using it on my buff hunt which starts in 30 days!!! ;)

will let you know after that!
Thank you, Please do. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoeirFilie

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?