Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Frequently asked questions regarding temporary rifle import into Namibia:

How much time is required for permit processing after submitting your online application to firearmairport@nampol.na?
You will most likely not receive a response from this address upon submission, but officials will start processing your application.
We recommend that you submit your online application about 2-3 weeks prior to arrival into Namibia. Please bring along the original application form when entering Namibia and proceed to the arms and ammunition counter after clearing entry with the Immigration Service Counters.

What guidelines do I need to keep in mind when traveling with fire arms?
Please always check with the airline you are traveling with, to assure your firearms arrive hazzle free at your destination. Different airlines have different arrangements at different ports. Should an airline have an agreement with a connecting airline, it will be easier to travel with fire arms. Please consult your travel agent or keep a close eye on your booking confirmation when booking online.

What visa requirements are applicable?
This depends in its entirety on your nationality. Please consult your travel agency or an updated website listing visa requirements per country.

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Attachments

• POL_573_Application_for_Import_Export_Permit.pdf
    106.8 KB · Views: 392
Just talking to a friend about this. Good timing Jerome! Thanks!

The last time I went, my outfitter said not to bother, just show up and do it on the ground as it wont take any longer and less trouble. It has been very easy both times I have landed there.

The last time I went, my outfitter said not to bother, just show up and do it on the ground as it wont take any longer and less trouble. It has been very easy both times I have landed there.
Same for me, you can do it when you collect your rifles, no hassle or bother whatsoever.

Its an easy process, much more so than RSA. Zim is about the same for easy or was last time I was there in 2011.

This past July, I had submitted it on line a couple of weeks in advance. It went very smooth. Went to the office, they pulled my paperwork, grabbed my gun case and opened it on the table outside the office. He compared serial numbers and I was on my way to baggage claim. Easy.

Going back in May, plan on just showing up with my application as I did several years ago, was out of the office in 15 minutes. Simple friendly and easy.

This past July, I had submitted it on line a couple of weeks in advance. It went very smooth. Went to the office, they pulled my paperwork, grabbed my gun case and opened it on the table outside the office. He compared serial numbers and I was on my way to baggage claim. Easy.
The only difference is you did the paperwork in advance instead of there. It takes about 5 minutes either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross