Traveling to South Africa from the U.S.

Kudubull

Reaction score
Hello to All,

Hopefully I can get some recommendations traveling from the U.S. to South Africa. I booked a flight about 3 weeks ago through Delta, but they just canceled the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. Delta has offered several multiple routes, but I'm not sure regarding the Covid tests if you travel through Europe to South Africa. Any flight, airline and/or recommendations would be great.

Regards,

Chris Perdomo
New Orleans, LA.

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Qatar air.. absolutely the most reliable option right now

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Hello to All,

Hopefully I can get some recommendations traveling from the U.S. to South Africa. I booked a flight about 3 weeks ago through Delta, but they just canceled the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. Delta has offered several multiple routes, but I'm not sure regarding the Covid tests if you travel through Europe to South Africa. Any flight, airline and/or recommendations would be great.

Regards,

Chris Perdomo
New Orleans, LA.
Qatar Airways

A long trip, but some really good deals right now on one of the best rated airlines in the world.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Qatar but advise you use Gracy Travel or @TRAVEL EXPRESS to navigate the nuances of flying with firearms with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edster

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Qatar but advise you use Gracy Travel or @TRAVEL EXPRESS to navigate the nuances of flying with firearms with them.

Just got back. Same deal started with delta they canceled. Lori got us on Qatar. Totally happy with them. I do agree with what Hogpatrol said use a travel agent!!!

Rem700stw

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF
Lori at @TRAVEL EXPRESS booked us on Ethiopian Airlines. We leave from Dulles in 6 weeks. Great pricing. Phenomenal service!

Still alive

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Going in June, lax to Johannesburg to port Elizabeth then port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Then Cape Town to lax via Lufthansa. Got an awesome deal through @TRAVEL EXPRESS from Jennifer!!! Even got assigned seats given to us last year. Travel express is on it, they make sure your ticket and and changes are taken care of. My two cents

Surgeon1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Used "Travel With Guns' in San Antonio. Patrick is as good as they get when traveling to hunt!
Headed out end of May and after a year dealing with schedule changes and Covid we are on Ethiopian Air which has been as reliable as anyone.

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
At this time I say get a travel agent and be prepared to deal with changes. After rescheduling three times from last March I flew in January. I had my flight there change a day or two after it was booked and flights back change two days prior to leaving. Originally I was booked with Delta through Atlanta, that changed to KLM through Amsterdam. All good. Then back wentcfrom KLM to Air France two day prior to leaving. Again fine, but a surprise. So, go with who exists.

I used Lori and crew with @TRAVEL EXPRESS. We worked well and kept on things. I do say we because it took the both of us to keep on top of things. Trust me, keep an eye on the news and in contact with your agent and airlines if things change.

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
qatar via doha
worked well for my last client, with weapons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHorang

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.