Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Spain,
Hello to All,

Hopefully I can get some recommendations traveling from the U.S. to South Africa. I booked a flight about 3 weeks ago through Delta, but they just canceled the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. Delta has offered several multiple routes, but I'm not sure regarding the Covid tests if you travel through Europe to South Africa. Any flight, airline and/or recommendations would be great.

Regards,

Chris Perdomo
New Orleans, LA.

Qatar air.. absolutely the most reliable option right now

Hello to All,

Hopefully I can get some recommendations traveling from the U.S. to South Africa. I booked a flight about 3 weeks ago through Delta, but they just canceled the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. Delta has offered several multiple routes, but I'm not sure regarding the Covid tests if you travel through Europe to South Africa. Any flight, airline and/or recommendations would be great.

Regards,

Chris Perdomo
New Orleans, LA.
Qatar Airways

A long trip, but some really good deals right now on one of the best rated airlines in the world.

Thank you!!!

Qatar but advise you use Gracy Travel or @TRAVEL EXPRESS to navigate the nuances of flying with firearms with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qatar but advise you use Gracy Travel or @TRAVEL EXPRESS to navigate the nuances of flying with firearms with them.

Just got back. Same deal started with delta they canceled. Lori got us on Qatar. Totally happy with them. I do agree with what Hogpatrol said use a travel agent!!!

Lori at @TRAVEL EXPRESS booked us on Ethiopian Airlines. We leave from Dulles in 6 weeks. Great pricing. Phenomenal service!

Going in June, lax to Johannesburg to port Elizabeth then port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Then Cape Town to lax via Lufthansa. Got an awesome deal through @TRAVEL EXPRESS from Jennifer!!! Even got assigned seats given to us last year. Travel express is on it, they make sure your ticket and and changes are taken care of. My two cents

Used "Travel With Guns' in San Antonio. Patrick is as good as they get when traveling to hunt!
Headed out end of May and after a year dealing with schedule changes and Covid we are on Ethiopian Air which has been as reliable as anyone.

At this time I say get a travel agent and be prepared to deal with changes. After rescheduling three times from last March I flew in January. I had my flight there change a day or two after it was booked and flights back change two days prior to leaving. Originally I was booked with Delta through Atlanta, that changed to KLM through Amsterdam. All good. Then back wentcfrom KLM to Air France two day prior to leaving. Again fine, but a surprise. So, go with who exists.

I used Lori and crew with @TRAVEL EXPRESS. We worked well and kept on things. I do say we because it took the both of us to keep on top of things. Trust me, keep an eye on the news and in contact with your agent and airlines if things change.

qatar via doha
worked well for my last client, with weapons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg