AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Good evening, I am about to book my travel to Australia for an August buff hunt and need some information on traveling with my rifles. Hopefully some of our friends over there can help.
I want to bring my rifle for sure, so renting a rifle is not an option.
I will fly into Sydney then on to Darwin but on the return I would love to spend a couple days around Sydney site seeing. I am bringing my father and he wants to see the sights. My main question is what if anything can I do with my rifles while doing this? Is there a locker that stores guns for visiting hunters or am I out of luck and need to just transit through?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Cheers,
Cody

Good evening, I am about to book my travel to Australia for an August buff hunt and need some information on traveling with my rifles. Hopefully some of our friends over there can help.
I want to bring my rifle for sure, so renting a rifle is not an option.
I will fly into Sydney then on to Darwin but on the return I would love to spend a couple days around Sydney site seeing. I am bringing my father and he wants to see the sights. My main question is what if anything can I do with my rifles while doing this? Is there a locker that stores guns for visiting hunters or am I out of luck and need to just transit through?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Cheers,
Cody

Go to a gun shop.that way you’ll have no issues.

Go to a gun shop.that way you’ll have no issues.
Thanks Dr Ray, wouldn’t happen to have any contact info for a good one near the Airport would you?

Sydney
Safari firearms
Email customerservice@safarodirearms.com.au
T+61297409760

146 stoney creek road Bexkey

Darwin
Fishing & outdoor worl
27 Cavenagh st
Darwin
Tv+6188916398
Go to website - direct email

If you want more details on Darwin
Pm me and I’ll give you a contact who will be able to advise

Dr. Ray,
I certainly appreciate all of your help and enjoyed the conversation. What a great group of people we have here @AfricaHunting.com
Cheers,
Cody

Best of luck on your hunt. Water buff are fantastic to stalk, and the NT is a truly wild place.

I'd second the reccommendation to contact Gary Georgiou at Safari Firearms, he is outstanding to deal with and I'm sure he'd store your firearms. Any licensed dealer here can hold them as safe keeping.

Cheers
Tim

After talking with several of or friends in OZ we have decided to stay our extra days up in the NT as it seems to be more our style. I have gotten some great info through PM’s and even a phone call. I am looking forward to some excellent fishing while there and my dad is truly excited, something that makes it well worth my expense and effort. He is a man I owe my love of the sport and outdoors to, glad I can pay him back by taking him on a lifelong dream trip of his. We aren’t ever given warning that we will lose a loved one, I’m gonna make every effort to enjoy my time on earth with them!
Thanks guys,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.