Travel News - Coronavirus Advisory

South Africa´s president will speak to the nation tonight (22th of March), most likely about the current virus situation.

Not checking travel restrictions, and advisories, before international travel is folly.

South Africa´s president will speak to the nation tonight (22th of March), most likely about the current virus situation.

Just in Twitter #CoronaVirusSA

The President will not be addressing the country tonight. He is still in the Command Council meeting.

I must say this is all crazy, spoke with SA Outfitter for this Julys' 21 day dream hunt and not expected to be a go. Could still be a miracle and a change but not expected to be in SA this year. Dam dam dam, been over a year in the planning, large deposit sent and excitement over the top. Now to postpone till next July 2021, but reading some of the "predictions" looking like even that may be a risk if any resurgence and SA returns to any level above 1 again. What's the world coming too? How will tourism industry survive that long without income?

At least a glimmer of hope as I do expect some restrictions concerning travel within the Province to be lifted before Sept so looking like my annual 3 month BC hunt will be a go.

MB

Saw a blurb on TV about a computerized device that when coughed in to, reveals if you are infected. If this comes to fruition and can be used by air carriers, it may open the door for foreign visitors. No guarantees once you get there though.

From everything I can read, tourism which includes hunting, will not be reengaged until at least January 2021. The S.A. government doesn't expect the virus to peak until September. So I won't formally cancel until mid to late August this year. The poaching is already rampant and will only get worse. I fear that my hunting days in S.A. are already over.

Delta just cancelled my 11 June flight to JNB (via ATL). They refunded the cost 100% and didn't offer an option to re-book. Didn't sound good according to the gal at the Diamond desk I was working with on this.

RSA traveling status as of May 14: https://www.gov.za/Coronavirus/travel4:

Aviation
The ban on both domestic and international passenger flights remains in place. However, as is already the case, we will continue to allow repatriation flights either bringing back South Africans stranded in foreign countries or transporting foreign nationals to their home countries. The current approval procedures to permit departure or landing of such flights remains unchanged.

The easing of the lockdown to Level 4 means increased economic activity in sectors that are permitted to resume operations.

Due consideration will be given to the mining and agricultural sector to allow limited movement of aircrafts, either to transport essential workers by chartered aircrafts or to spray pesticides on crops. All these movements will be subject to approval and permits will be issued on a case by case basis.

No scheduled domestic flights will be permitted in Level 4. This is determined by the Risk Adjusted Strategy, which guides the easing of restrictions. Once the alert level moves to Level 3, limited movement of scheduled domestic flights will be allowed. It is only when the country’s alert level reaches Level 2, that we will fully open our airspace and allow movement of both domestic and international flights.

Improvement. Before international flights were allowed only on Level 1.

The other question is will there be a mandatory quarantine of international arrivals?

Here's a tid bit of good news for those who planned on traveling on US airlines:

According to Friday's news, "The US Department of Transportation, received so many complaints regarding US air carriers treatment of ticketed passengers, confusion over vouchers, flight cancellations over this Coronavirus, rebooking flights,".....etc., '....The (US)DOT has issued a warning to all air carriers to start treating their customers fairly and issue full refunds, or The (US)DOT will step in to insure air passengers are treated fairly....'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg