Travel News - Coronavirus Advisory

If I were just by myself it would be a nonissue, but I don’t want a 13 year old granddaughter stuck in a foreign country with a deathly sick or dead old man.

I would not consider cancelling. Bad idea.

Philip, I’ll be 73 while in Africa. I don’t worry about myself. I worry about a, then 14 year old, young lady stuck alone in a third world country.

Since it’s paid, I’m waiting till the last minute to pull the plug if necessary.

Philip, I’ll be 73 while in Africa. I don’t worry about myself. I worry about a, then 14 year old, young lady stuck alone in a third world country.

Since it’s paid, I’m waiting till the last minute to pull the plug if necessary.

I agree with you 100% on that!

Oh, how much fun.....

I have flights through Frankfurt to RSA in a week and a half with Lufthansa. Or more likey had. Now I have to see what Lufthansa is going to do about it. I'm giving them some time since they have their hands full right now. The flights are insured if they cancel them but not until they do.
Reminds of the old saying in the Air Force "Hurry up and wait". But in the case it's "Wait and hurry up"

I guess my financial instability kicked in just about right. I thought about going but my money lady said I had not the funds this year. I did place a deposit for next year, though. Things should be back on track on all fronts by then.

Good luck to all you guys going this year.

What a sad state of affairs! I’m sitting on the sidelines wondering how this all going to turn out. I’m frankly not worried about getting sick but all this change in regulations at the last second is crazy.

It’s good to be concerned but just be sensible.

Delta just canceled my flight to Argentina. Their email told me that they were trying to re-book me ASAP. The Government of Argentina has put in place a 14 Day quarantine for all travelers coming in from countries with Covid -19 issues. The Red Stag "roar" will long be over for this year before this mess gets settled. At this point it looks as though purchasing "Trip Insurance" would have been a good thing. Being the "Trooper" that she is Lori is staying on top of this and doing everything she can to mitigate the impact on her clients.

You're safer on safari...

In examining the spread of the pandemic, Africa – a continent of 54 nations and a total population of over 1.2 billion – as of Friday documented less than 100 cases, and only a handful of countries have recorded more than one infection. That includes 17 in South Africa, 26 in Algeria, and two in Nigeria and Burkina Faso.

A slew of other African countries such as Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, and Morocco have formally announced only one case in their borders, all stemming from people who traveled from abroad, coming from Europe.

Earlier this year, the World Health Organization (WHO) identified 13 countries in Africa being at exceptionally high risk of a coronavirus outbreak given that they have direct associations to China or that their travel apparatus directly links to the country where it all began, but the fear of a mass eruption has not materialized – yet.

Delta just canceled my flight to Argentina. Their email told me that they were trying to re-book me ASAP. The Government of Argentina has put in place a 14 Day quarantine for all travelers coming in from countries with Covid -19 issues. The Red Stag "roar" will long be over for this year before this mess gets settled. At this point it looks as though purchasing "Trip Insurance" would have been a good thing. Being the "Trooper" that she is Lori is staying on top of this and doing everything she can to mitigate the impact on her clients.
Maybe turn it into a bird hunt with them later in the year?

In examining the spread of the pandemic, Africa – a continent of 54 nations and a total population of over 1.2 billion – as of Friday documented less than 100 cases, and only a handful of countries have recorded more than one infection. That includes 17 in South Africa, 26 in Algeria, and two in Nigeria and Burkina Faso.

A slew of other African countries such as Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, and Morocco have formally announced only one case in their borders, all stemming from people who traveled from abroad, coming from Europe.

Earlier this year, the World Health Organization (WHO) identified 13 countries in Africa being at exceptionally high risk of a coronavirus outbreak given that they have direct associations to China or that their travel apparatus directly links to the country where it all began, but the fear of a mass eruption has not materialized – yet.

I totally agree Fred and as long as I’m able to get there I’m still going

April 10th

'The virus is continuing to spread across the continent of Africa, with more than 20 countries affected.

Rwanda has confirmed its first case - an Indian citizen who arrived last week from Mumbai. Rwanda's national airline has suspended all flights to India, and a number of public events have been cancelled. Washbasins and sanitiser units had already been set up around the capital Kigali.

Namibia has also reported its first cases.

Prevention and control measures have been put into effect across the continent amid fears that a wider outbreak could place an unbearable strain on local health services.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-51873514

I completely agree. I've said it to a few people in the past couple days. The catch is getting there and getting back.

Seven days and a wake up to take off (supposedly). The odds aren't good on that right now.

I am supposed to have an overseas trip on April 15 lasting 3 weeks. The country I am going has a 14 day quarantine policy now.

The airline I booked the trip has an offer to refund or rebook as long as I do it before the trip. I am thinking of going early June now.

I also take off for a Safari end of July lasting through 3rd week of August. I am hoping I can get there. Flights can be rebooked but $20K+ in daily rates alone is a bit of money to let go to waste.

REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
Statement by H.E. President Hage G. Geingob following Confirmation of Two Cases of COVID-19 on Namibian Soil
14 March 2020
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for coming to State House,
The World Health Organization has declared COVID19 a global pandemic. Therefore, Namibia has to take steps to deal with this pandemic. The Minister of Health announced this morning that there are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Namibian soil.
The health of Namibians is the first priority. Appropriate precautionary measures must be taken. To protect Namibians from being affected by this virus:
1. The Independence Celebrations that were scheduled for Independence Stadium are called

off. However, the swearing-in-ceremony will take place at State House.
2. The financial outlay for Independence Celebrations will be diverted to the fight against the Coronavirus.
3. The Namibian Government is suspending inbound and outbound travel to and from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany with immediate effect for a period of 30 days.
4. All big gatherings are suspended for a period of 30 days.
5. Lockdown of Windhoek Gymnasium with immediate effect for a period of two weeks
6. Suspension of all travels by Namibian government officials, including State-Owned Enterprises
The Interministerial-Task Force whose members have joined me here will communicate additional Measures.

As testing get going here in the US I'm sure we will be on this list.

Here's a travel bombshell hidden in the release.

“The Namibian government is suspending inbound and outbound travel to and from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany with immediate effect for a period of 30 days,” Geingob said.

Quote from the President of Namibia via Twitter March 14, 2020

"The Namibian Government is suspending inbound and outbound travel to and from QATAR, ETHIOPIA and GERMANY with immediate effect for 30 days."

https://twitter.com/hagegeingob?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.21.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.21.27 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
Statement by H.E. President Hage G. Geingob following Confirmation of Two Cases of COVID-19 on Namibian Soil
14 March 2020
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for coming to State House,
The World Health Organization has declared COVID19 a global pandemic. Therefore, Namibia has to take steps to deal with this pandemic. The Minister of Health announced this morning that there are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Namibian soil.
The health of Namibians is the first priority. Appropriate precautionary measures must be taken. To protect Namibians from being affected by this virus:
1. The Independence Celebrations that were scheduled for Independence Stadium are called

off. However, the swearing-in-ceremony will take place at State House.
2. The financial outlay for Independence Celebrations will be diverted to the fight against the Coronavirus.
3. The Namibian Government is suspending inbound and outbound travel to and from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany with immediate effect for a period of 30 days.
4. All big gatherings are suspended for a period of 30 days.
5. Lockdown of Windhoek Gymnasium with immediate effect for a period of two weeks
6. Suspension of all travels by Namibian government officials, including State-Owned Enterprises
The Interministerial-Task Force whose members have joined me here will communicate additional Measures.

7. Joe's will be the designated quarantine building.(y):D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.