Travel agent for travel to South Africa-2023

TheDoubleD

Reaction score
In my previous trips to SA I have used Premier Travel. They no longer seem to be around.

I understand things have changed in SA about bring guns in.

So, I need a travel agent for our trip next year. One who can handle all our needs to get our guns cleared, arrange our flights and provide trip insurance.

Who have you used and who you recommend?

Douglas

Jennifer at @TRAVEL EXPRESS
I have used them for my last two trips. 2019 and again during Covid in 2021. I will not go to Africa, especially with guns, without Jennifer.

@TRAVEL EXPRESS I used this for my hunt in June. I found them responsive to my changing needs and silly questions. They found me a great gun friendly route. The only "con" I can think of is that you still have to use a company in RSA to help with your guns, such as @riflepermits.com (who are also great)

Travel Express gets my vote.

On the firearm permits just contact Rifle Permits . com directly. The SAP's 520 form is easy to fill out and all you need to do is to email it to them with the required paperwork.

Thanks, that is a pretty solid endorsement.

Are we neighbors--I'm in Edmond?

Thanks, that is a pretty solid endorsement.

Are we neighbors--I'm in Edmond?
I'm on a ranch near Stratford, OK. Bu that's close enough to be neighbors in OK.
Welcome to AH and enjoy planning your trip.

Travel With Guns (TWG) is who I’ve used for the past 10 years.
Patrick is awesome at his job and has saved me on numerous occasions.

HH

Thanks for the votes all!
@TheDoubleD we'd be happy to help! We offer the airfare and any gun transit permits (for example Emirates requires transit permit). If you would like assistance on arrival with your SAPS permit, Henry at Rifle Permits does a great job!

I have always used TWG so I can’t speak to the others. Have always had great service and got me out of a coupla tight spots.

I won't travel overseas with out Travel Express, great service and communication.

Another vote for Gracy Travel and Shawn. I have used them for 3 previous trips and now again going to Mozambique in September and they have always been a pleasure to work with, do a detailed job and are always willing to help, even if it is just a stupid question. I would go no where else at this point!

I use TWG.travel

Gracy was good to deal with but as noted, most like to work with Shawn rather than Debbie. They use Bruce in RSA to deal with guns and he'll make it slick as silk once landed. It's nice to have a local to be with you all the way through.

Wife says we used Gracy last trip-2015, because Premier was gone. She could be right.

Just talked to SiL. SiL just got back in May. Said he used Travel Express. They had issues with cancelled flights and rerouting while traveling . Quick text/email to Travel Express and all problems quickly solved. He says he will use them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg