Travel agent for travel to South Africa-2023

Travel Express. Jennifer has done all 4 of my trips and will always handle them. She has been a life saver a couple times for me dealing with changes.

I’ve used Gracy travel a couple times and have had no issues. To me the best part about them is Bruce who helps you with guns etc in jo burg when you land. He saved our butts last time we were there!
Agreed. Gracy did a great job for us. Bruce was incredibly valuable as joburg airport decided to lose our guns. Without Bruce it would have been horrible. Will absolutely use Gracy travel next time.

We used Travel Express just this past April. Easy to communicate with, very helpful. We were about four days out from our departure day when we were notified by United that our flights were cancelled. I called TE and left a message (time there was about eight a.m. as I remember) and we heard back from her within hours with back up travel plans which where a true trip saver.

Not soliciting votes for anyone-BUT Travel Express and Henry (riflepermits.com)are sponsors on this site which carry’s its own significant value

Shawn @ Gracy is awesome to work with and Bruce, well it is Bruce, how can you not like the guy. We had a dozen people from our flight dealing with issues with the SAP and Bruce walks in, grabs our guns from the back, and we were out of there in less than 4 minutes and on our way. He also meets you on the way back and insures all your bags go where they need to. The other great thing about Bruce is he will keep all the baggage vultures away from your stuff. Everyone there wants to be helpful, but they also want some cash as well. Bruce keeps all that stuff away from you.

Full discloser I did call Jennifer as well and she seemed helpful, but she had been gone at shows so I had already gotten our stuff taken care of with Shawn.

Have used Gracy Travel many times. Always knowledgeable and helpful. Yes, Bruce is Bruce :). He and some of his helpers have a great memory for their clients so always recognize you with a smile on subsequent trips. Use Gracy Travel and Bruce and stay at the City Lodge if you overnight on your own. Simplify your life and reduce stress.

Last edited:
I used Travel Express for my first trip in May 2021. It went off without even the smallest of hiccups.

My second trip is scheduled for June of next year. I am taking my daughters. The confidence I feel about our travel is absolute. I actually reached out to Jennifer earlier today.

5 of us used Jennifer at Travel Express this past April and she did a great job even though we did not have any issues, she was always nice and I called many times being the type of person that needs to know everything. next trip in the works for 7 this time and we will be calling Jennifer in fact I have been emailing her already. Henry at Rifle Permits will handle all the paperwork and meet and greet both ways

Bruce with Gracy has access to the bowels of the JNB Airport. Saved me from issues twice. He also can cut the line at the Airlink check-in when you have guns. Need I say more??

Jennifer @TRAVEL EXPRESS

she’s handled 2 trips for me. One during Covid that had some last minute changes and one the other week that almost had a couple changes while in country.

Travel Express without doubt

I’ve used Gracy travel a couple times and have had no issues. To me the best part about them is Bruce who helps you with guns etc in jo burg when you land. He saved our butts last time we were there!
I have used Shawn Kennedy at Gracy. Never disappointed. Bruce in JoBurg is a Saint. My last trip was June/July 2022, so this info is current.

I’ve been 4 times and have used Shawn with Gracy. Her and Bruce make an awesome team. I flew on September 19th and just got back this past Tuesday. Shawn helped me get my flights home moved up by a few days since my trip went better than planned and I had all the animals I went over there for plus some. Everything went off without a hitch.

@TRAVEL EXPRESS I used this for my hunt in June. I found them responsive to my changing needs and silly questions. They found me a great gun friendly route. The only "con" I can think of is that you still have to use a company in RSA to help with your guns, such as @riflepermits.com (who are also great)
Why do you have to use a company to help with your guns?? I used no travel agent or gun company in SA and had no issues, did I just get lucky?

Why do you have to use a company to help with your guns?? I used no travel agent or gun company in SA and had no issues, did I just get lucky?
There is no reason not to. I don't want any hassle, simple as that. Same reason I wear a seatbelt, I suppose. The trip probably will be easy, but I will notice it if I need it but don't wear it. Anyways, they got me a great rate for my flights, so it is not like it costs me more than usual.

There is no reason not to. I don't want any hassle, simple as that. Same reason I wear a seatbelt, I suppose. The trip probably will be easy, but I will notice it if I need it but don't wear it. Anyways, they got me a great rate for my flights, so it is not like it costs me more than usual.
I'm actually looking into a travel agent for my next trip...... called, but they said we'll call you in 2 weeks.

I'm actually looking into a travel agent for my next trip...... called, but they said we'll call you in 2 weeks.
Good luck and I hope your trip is fantastic. My honest motivation is a desire to not be stressed about anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg