Transiting through Paris and gun storage

mikeoconnor

Reaction score
Member of
Ducks Unlimited; Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Australia, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Canada, United States
Has anyone flown through Paris going to or from SA? I am flying down through Paris to SA and then Back again. I am planning on staying in France for a week on the return to Canada and was wondering about storing my rifle. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions?

Theres a new one.

http://www.africahunting.com/before-after-hunt/6074-traveling-guns-transit-through-paris-france.html

Site internet de la Douane : Criteria for classification of war materiel, weapons and ammunition

YOU ARE NOT A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF FRANCE AND YOU WISH TO IMPORT DURING YOUR VISIT HUNTING ARTICLES FALLING UNDER CATEGORY V
You are allowed to bring into the country two weapons on a temporary basis as well as 100 cartridges for each weapon. No Import Permit is required but the imported firearms and ammunition must be declared orally with Customs at the port of entry.

You reside outside France (in a non-EU country) and you are travelling to France
(temporary importation)
Possessors of category 1 and 4 firearms (sporting shooters) can import competition firearms
and the corresponding ammunition (categories 1 and 4) temporarily, under the temporary
admission customs procedure, on the occasion of international competitions.
However, they must be able to present an official invitation from the organisation to any
authorised person, including any customs officer, specifying the dates, locations, firearms used,
etc. The quantity of ammunition authorised varies according to the category: contact the
organiser for information.

as jersey isnt part of the european union, and we dont have european firearms permits (available to eu people to make it easier for travel inside the eu), when i have been boar shooting in france i needed the invitation (similar to what you need in sa and now namibia i think) from the people i was hunting with to show customs to clear my rifles. it was a few years ago but it was the easiest import into a country ever, they looked at the invitation and waved us through took about 1 minute!!. dont know about entering and storing though, maybe book a days hunting and then it will be easy. just a thought. also they have regulations on bringing military calibres in so check on that. i think people can have military calibres but only as members of a club and for target shooting not hunting,so for example rifles any where else chambered in say .223 will for france be chambered in .222. or .308 will be 7mm-08.

Mike, est-ce que vous etes capable de parler en Francais? My wife is from France and i have family their and could get you a contact for the info required (french only). I have travelled to France several times with firearms and encountered more difficulties with Cdn customs than French. This is why i rent rifles now:)

Hi Adgunner, my wife can speak and read spome french. If you could get a contact for me that would be wonderful.
Merci,
Mike O'Connor

Mike, the following link in English should get you started. Anything else just give me a PM, and i will try to help.

Left Luggage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.