Dox

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi

Do any of you know of any tracking devices to use while tracking animals?

Cheers
Dox

Dox, sorry I'm a little confused, do you mean a GPS? Otherwise the only thing I know of is a good dog...

AH

Yes like a GPS or something like a chip that you could fit on an arrow and when you shoot it the chip will remain in the animal.

Dox, never heard of anything like this, perhaps someone else here has, the concept sounds interesting though.

I've seen string tracking devices. They work like a bow fishing rig, a thin string deploys behind the arrow leaving a few hundred feet of trail. Never tried it myself but then again I've never bungy jumped either!

the only thing o do know about is the following:

Arrow/wounded animal tracking device

but with a closer look, it might be a bit useless, due to bad arrow flight , less penetration, maybe a wounded animal...
would suggest taking a clean shoot, keeping the way of tracking as short as possible...
on the other hand, maybe there is something smaller that will fit into the arrow...
i will have a research on that.

the string tracker might be an option...
see here string tracker
but i would feel uncomfi with this, don't know why, just personal feelings,
i think it is like driving a race car at 10 mph. :)

nico

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!