Toyota trucks pictures and stories

Nice job, Bushwack!

I think it's fair to say that we've just learned two things: Men drive Toyotas while those who play with dolls prefer Jeep.

ha ha ha ha ha , you got it ,in one

WITH EISH , JA ! :whoo::whoo::first:

Last edited by a moderator:
:sneaky:

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 114
Here's my '89 FJ62. I haven't had it long so I don't have many trips on it but so far it seems to be just what I needed. My kid thinks its funny that it only goes about 75 mph but I told him, it may not go over 75 but it'll go over anything at 75.

Attachments

• 44E21912-C366-4E30-A4F1-E8DDC8E1025D_zpsoakrj3zi.jpg
    44E21912-C366-4E30-A4F1-E8DDC8E1025D_zpsoakrj3zi.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 131
That is sweet looking! Been looking for something like that to play with myself.

Nice looking Rig!
Here's my '89 FJ62. I haven't had it long so I don't have many trips on it but so far it seems to be just what I needed. My kid thinks its funny that it only goes about 75 mph but I told him, it may not go over 75 but it'll go over anything at 75.

I have been a member of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association since the 90's, and have owned 5 of them over the years (currently own 2 older FZJ-80 series).

The second I ever bought was a '79 FJ-40 that I stripped to the bare frame and did a full restoration/modification on. The purists will hate me, but I put an injected small-block chevy in it, a New Venture 4500 5-speed, ARB air lockers, 4.88:1 gears, shackle reversal, saginaw power steering, full Painless Wiring wiring harness, and more! It took me nearly 2 years to build it back up.

Once I had it running and trail proven near home, my wife and then 4 and 6 year old kids took it to Moab for a week of wheeling. Nothing like driving an FJ-40 2,500 miles round trip with the family! Unfortunately, I have no pics to share as this was long before cell phone cameras!

Both of my current 80 series are completely covered in Monster Liner and one lives 24-7 on my property in rural Missouri and never leaves low range.

I love some Land Cruiser!

Photo056.jpg

Nice Bluey! Sure wish we could get these in the states with the turbo diesels! Alas.....I guess I'll have to keep driving my "Yank Tank"...LOL :tongue:

Agree about the lack of diesels here in the U.S.

I have to satisfy myself with a diesel Touareg and a diesel Sportwagon. I still dream of one day dropping a diesel into an 80 series Land Cruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!