Toronto Hotel Caves to Antis: Breaks Contract and Cancels African Hunting Show

I'm unaware of any "two minute" rule. If people are blocking public access to a public facility, then the police need to step in. I for one would be happy to go about my business and if someone gets too close, then I will look for an assault charge to be laid, and if it isn't, happy to do it myself - from arrest to laying of the information. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. Getting real tired of this.

Kind of handy in Calgary that the District 4 police district office is at most 2 blocks away from the Coast Plaza.

I'm unaware of any "two minute" rule. If people are blocking public access to a public facility, then the police need to step in. I for one would be happy to go about my business and if someone gets too close, then I will look for an assault charge to be laid, and if it isn't, happy to do it myself - from arrest to laying of the information. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. Getting real tired of this.

The police indicated the two minute rule. These cowards would not give their name or try and chat. I am a lawyer and greatly offended by the display of mob cowardice they incited. It is not law, it is the absence of law and they should be ashamed. Had some man-child use a megaphone to talk to me.

I am so proud of how my son dealt with it. He was very insightful and calm. I am now at Bass Pro because he wants to buy something! Lol

The police indicated the two minute rule. These cowards would not give their name or try and chat. I am a lawyer and greatly offended by the display of mob cowardice they incited. It is not law, it is the absence of law and they should be ashamed. Had some man-child use a megaphone to talk to me.

I am so proud of how my son dealt with it. He was very insightful and calm. I am now at Bass Pro because he wants to buy something! Lol

Ah the Politically correct and cowardly Toronto Police invent another law to avoid offending the leftists. This has been fully documented by Ezra Levant and it is truly disgusting.

Unless hunters supply numbers higher than the antis they are going to win.

We still have to play the game with honor and respect, the antis should not be beating us with these silly tactics.

Pheroze, sorry we missed each other this am. We went around 1030, they pounded on the hood of my car and basically we got the same idiot treatment passing through the protesters and the guy with a megaphone assaulting your ears. After i was in i spoke to the police and mentioned the idiot with megaphone and the banging on the hood of my car. Basically, looked at me and said if there is any damage file a report and have a nice day. The police really pooched this one!

Like Pheroze we went to Bass Pro, bought some5.56 and went to my brother,s and after a little trigger time felt much better!

Terrible behaviour! I had my son video the interactions maybe that calmed them down? Hopefully they got spoken to and told to keep it civil.

Reactions: lcq
Pheroze, sorry we missed each other this am. We went around 1030, they pounded on the hood of my car and basically we got the same idiot treatment passing through the protesters and the guy with a megaphone assaulting your ears. After i was in i spoke to the police and mentioned the idiot with megaphone and the banging on the hood of my car. Basically, looked at me and said if there is any damage file a report and have a nice day. The police really pooched this one!

The Toronto Police are disgusting cowards. Don't expect them to uphold the law

Terrible behaviour! I had my son video the interactions maybe that calmed them down? Hopefully they got spoken to and told to keep it civil.

Actually it was very smart on your part to video the criminals. Video evidence tends to curb their violent behavior because the Police can't cover it up.

Guys, unless they have re-written the Criminal Code, you cannot be detained, even for two minutes, against your will and subjected to essentially what is an assault. Consult a lawyer and file a complaint if the police won't act. You may want to complain about the police?

In Alberta, if they are causing attention to be focused on them, or impeding traffic, the Traffic Safety Act or its regulations would allow a zealous officer to charge them with stunting. Seriously, if a guy twirling a pizza ad sign along Macleod Tr is not safe, then they aren't. They can chant, they can hold signs, they can try to hand out flyers, but when they start to stop traffic, pound on hoods, Yell through mega-phones in your face, then that is stunting, assault? It should be explored. For a bunch of lawyers, it just doesn't seem very smart.

One of our guys trying to educate the mentally deficient

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/16/protesters-cant-kill-african-trophy-hunting-show

1297794634958_ORIGINAL.jpg

Protesters can't kill African trophy hunting show

BY CHRIS DOUCETTE, TORONTO SUN

FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2016 04:56 PM EST |

Dozens of protesters made some noise Saturday outside the Africa Show, an event that was moved last minute to the Premier Banquet Hall in Vaughan. Rather than avoid the Animal Rights Toronto demonstrators, Paul Peca waded into the crowd and did his best to defend trophy hunting. CHRIS DOUCETTE/TORONTO SUN

VAUGHAN - Protesters couldn’t kill an African trophy hunting show.

After several venue changes, the Africa Show went ahead Saturday at the Premier Banquet Hall, near Rutherford Rd. and Keele St.

But anyone interested in hunting, fishing and photographic safaris to Africa had to walk through a crowd of demonstrators outside the event armed with megaphones shouting “there’s no excuse for animal abuse” — among other things.

“We’re telling them they should be ashamed of going in and supporting the trophy hunting industry,” Jenny McQueen, of Animal Rights Toronto, said Saturday. “It’s just blatant cruelty.”

“It belongs in the past,” she added.

While most people attending scurried into the banquet hall as quickly as possibly, trophy hunter Mike Peca chose to wade into the crowd and engage protesters in debate.

“The idea that we cut the animals head off and that’s all we take, that’s an absolute lie,” he said, defending the sport.

Peca, who has four “skull mounts” at home that remind him every day of his adventures, pointed out that the trophy hunting industry provides much-needed “jobs and opportunities” to African communities.

Protester Kadie Rankin said she believes it’s wrong to hunt big game such as lions, elephants and rhinoceroses when it’s for sport and “not out of necessity.”

“It’s a thrill of the kill thing,” she said. “They’re not eating the animal or using its fur.”

“They’re mounting it on a wall to feel proud and be egotistical,” Rankin added.

Show organizer Birgit Johnstone, of African Events Canada, said she understands that trophy hunting is “not everyone’s cup of tea.”

“Not everyone wants to pull the trigger and kill an animal,” she said. “I know don’t.”

But having lived in South Africa for 30 years, Johnstone said she knows trophy hunters and other African safaris provide economical and ecological benefits to locals.

“(The protesters) are entitled to their opinion and if they do it in a peaceful manner they are welcome to do so,” she said.

However, Johnstone said it’s “unfair” for “anti-hunters to direct their anger towards venues,” which are in the business of renting space.

“It has been frustrating because these people are actually stopping us from doing business. And we are doing legal business,” she said.

chris.doucette@sunmedia.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a thrill of the kill thing,” she said. “They’re not eating the animal or using its fur.”

Does she think we just leave the meat out there in the bush? We serve that same meat in our lodge, and the surplus gets sold to the local meat market, where it will become available to the public for purchase.

It’s a thrill of the kill thing,” she said. “They’re not eating the animal or using its fur.”

Does she think we just leave the meat out there in the bush? We serve that same meat in our lodge, and the surplus gets sold to the local meat market, where it will become available to the public for purchase.

those are some of the lies they are spreading

You have to love the SUN'S headline though.

But it is a "thrill of the kill" type of thing. If that 'thrill' ever goes away, I will sell my rifles and move on. I make no apologies for that.

I do make a moral distinction between animals and human beings. I don't hunt in order to put food on the table of African people, or to provide jobs for unemployed rural people. I do try to conduct myself in an ethical manner though, and so I focus on ensuring the long term sustainability of my activity, so I do care that it feeds those people and provides those jobs. Part of that also requires that I minimize the suffering of the animals involved, so I study ballistics, animal anatomy, etc. I support groups like DU which preserve habitat and work to preserve and promote animal populations. I practice and try to take only those shots which maximize the odds of a clean kill. But I am not confused about the value or purpose of an animal's existence.

And I guess that's where we differ.

They cannot conceptualize what we do: When your whole life is in a city and your idea of camping is driving you car into a small space and your thrill is the next episode of the latest drama how could you possibly understand?

It’s a thrill of the kill thing,” she said. “They’re not eating the animal or using its fur.”.......

The interesting part is this person grasps that "using fur" would be a reasonable use of the animal.
Not your typical over blown Anti.

I agree, if the animal is "not used" or the meat were wasted it would be "objectionable".

Ignoring their own supply chain is their specialty. I guess we do differ in our thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg