Top African animal to shoot

Ayaan Jakhura

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Malawi
If you could shoot any animal anywhere in africa what would it be? And why?

I cull regularly in the Eastern Cape South Africa ...Warthog Warthog Warthog.

The Tusker just says Africa! To hear them up close moving through the bush earlier in the morning takes you back in time. Have a couple of elephant cows chase your group away and you will feel true excitement. Hunt this animal once and you will dream of doing so again the rest of your life.

13257454-2EFF-412B-957C-A60391884C98.jpeg

The Tusker just says Africa! To hear them up close moving through the bush earlier in the morning takes you back in time. Have a couple of elephant cows chase your group away and you will feel true excitement. Hunt this animal once and you will dream of doing so again the rest of your life.

View attachment 226530
Merely an oversized warthog with inferior ivory ....it discolours with age

I love hunting buffalo. Whether stalking a dagga boy in the Caprivi or probing huge herds in the Zambezi Delta, there is something special about the big truculent beasts. BUT, if I could hunt any animal, it would have to be a Lord Derby Eland - a mature Lord Derby has to be one of the top five animals world-wide

For that question i will have to choose from:
Kudu, Sable, Roan, Bongo, wildebeest, buffalo. Each of them equally majestic in their own right.

Tough question!

I would have to go for the lesser kudu. Only its rarity puts it ahead of the bushbuck. It's a difficult creature to get a shot at. Or mbogo, for increasing the pulse, or maybe lion for the same reason.

Well, tough question, but...this year croc, sable, Black Wildebeest and warthog. After that my favorite will be what ever I’m hunting next(y)!

If I only had one more chance to hunt ONE animal in Africa ONE time it would be the Lord Derby Eland as well...but if I could hunt one animal...as many times...in all the places that it lives it would be the kudu...followed closely by the bushbuck.

Why lord Durby eland? I have always wondered why they are so special? For me Bongo would be an awesome hunt!
Bongo are awesome...all spiral horn are...I just like the look of the LDE a little more...and I really like the idea of a savannah hunt for the LDE vs the jungle hunt for Bongo.

I have always wanted to experience a jungle hunt! Couldn’t imagine seeing gorilla while hunting!

I have always wanted to experience a jungle hunt! Couldn’t imagine seeing gorilla while hunting!
I hunted just North of Beamont Texas one year and it rained....hard...every time I went hunting. I have no interest in the rain forest...gorilla or not.

Bongo, or Leopard...

Lord derby eland first--- absolutely turn my crank
Mountain nyala next -- love nayla and their huge and found in rustic africa so to speak
Last but not least buffalo in Burkina Faso ----- can't get over the horns and also in a unique part of the world

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg