Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA (Life), Safari Club Intl
Hunted
Namibia, RSA, Canada(Saskatchewan), USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right)
10) John always wanted to be a Cowboy growing up and did in fact buy a horse and did a stint competing in rodeo's in the U.S in the late 1989/1990. It was a short career change...kind of like when Michael Jordan left the NBA and tried Minor League Baseball. Luckily for hundreds of hunters John sold his horse, used the money to buy a Harley and returned to being a PH in Africa.

9) Honey Badgers really are bad MFers LOL

8) Leopards cover an amazing amount of territory in search of food. The same Leopord would hit baits over a range of many miles. Way more than I imagined.

7) In Zimbabwe you can spend a lot of years in prison if you are accused of killing a poacher...even if the poacher never actually died.

6) John was even more fearless (crazy?) than I thought he was.

5) There were some crooked ass hunting operators in Tanzania back in the 90s....hope they are all out of business.

4) Way to many clients shoot at DG before the PH has given them the "Go Ahead" and the results are usually very, very bad.

3) If you are a PH and another PH says his client is bringing a friend or friends and he wants you to guide the friend/friends...JUST SAY NO!

2) Don't go check things out in countries that are in the middle of a Cival War!!

1) DON'T PLAY WITH PUFF ADDERS!!!!

It really is a tremendous book. Thanks to Marius @KMG Hunting Safaris for tipping me off to it. Available on Amazon for $28 in paperback, $9 Kindle

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that book! Went out of that book into Wilbur Smiths “A Time to Die”. Main character based loosely on John Sharp. Good stuff.

I really enjoyed that book! Went out of that book into Wilbur Smiths “A Time to Die”. Main character based loosely on John Sharp. Good stuff.
I need a new book to read so I will get that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you