Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
To any outfitters/PHs out there_ I'm looking to start planning my 2018 trip. I'd really like to hunt in the Kalahari region- either SA or Namibia. My target animals: sable, black wildebeast, and springbok (common and black). Of course I'd consider a gemsbok over 40 if it popped up or other animals of opportunity. If you're an outfitter that has my target animals and not in the Kalahari, I'd entertain that also. I look forward to hearing from you- thanks

Your a little ways out but it's never to early to plan and ask questions.

If you wait until late 2017 before you commit to a hunt, you could snag a tasty deal on hunt specials advertised here.

I don't think the black wildebeest and sable are indigenous to the Kalahari, although you could probably find them on a game ranch. Why, particularly, do you want to hunt the Kalahari?

I don't think the black wildebeest and sable are indigenous to the Kalahari, although you could probably find them on a game ranch. Why, particularly, do you want to hunt the Kalahari?

Looking for something different- my first 3 trips have all been in the Limpopo area although my last one was spent more in the "mountains", which was different than my first 2 trips.

Kalahari is excellent.

The Namibian side is more open fields than the RSA side, which had rain the previous year and has a lot more grass and trees on sight in the hunting fields. Botswana (the bigger / larger Kalahari) also the same scenery as in RSA

Last edited:
Never too early! Kalahari is a nice change of pace from Limpopo. Best of luck

We are booking form 2018 already and have sable in our Kalahari area but they do run more then the ones we have in the other northwest area. We could do both areas though and show you two areas in the northwest one being the Kalahari. Have the springbuck and black wildebeest also.
Let me know if I can help you more.

Thanks Billc

I don't think it is every "too early"..... @AAA Africa Serapa Safaris is located in the Kalahari and has a really awesome place. You should check them out. Jacques is a great dude & PH.

Buck Wild it is never to early to start the process. Feel free to contact me. I would appreciate the opportunity to assist.

Reactions: BWH
Buckwild, how about hunting all the species on your list in one big 46 000acre area with lion, buffalo and other dangerous game roaming with sable. No need to travel to different areas for different species.

I sent you a PM so please feel free to contact me at anytime if I can assist with anything.

Best regards,

Jacques

Not too early, I booked 2 years out with Kalahari Rangers and did not get my first dates.

Here is a couple of animals hunted with us the last season or 2…….
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1958.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG
IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_2485.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0724.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 143
thanks for the PMs- all answered so far- I'd really like to work something out with outfits on AH if possible.

It's never too early to start looking, I'm researching a top destination for bowhunting black wildebeest for 2017, have wasted too much time and money trying marginal hunts.

It's never too early to start looking, I'm researching a top destination for bowhunting black wildebeest for 2017, have wasted too much time and money trying marginal hunts.

Have to agree with you on that my friend…

I think 2 years out is just about perfect timing.... for me personally. That way you can spread out the expenses over a longer period of time.... Deposits, airfare, taxidermy, etc. All total it is certainly not cheap. However, it you can spread it over 24+ months it certainly does not feel insurmountable. Hell, I just got back.... and i'm wanting to plan my next trip over!

Me too Brad,

I think about my next trip everyday!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross