Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Well were back from our adventure and it was better than expected the trip overall, the weather wasnt always on our side but we did our best and fared quite well.

Moz5.jpg

Charl didn't expect this tuna to give him a boxing match close to the boat!

Moz6.jpg

Sunrise in paradise!

Moz7.jpg

What the beach looks like in paradise!

Moz8.jpg

Locals go out to fish with these up to 4 km into the sea.

Moz9.jpg

My very first sport fish :biggrin2:

Moz101.jpg

Just after I got mine in Charl also had a chance on one a double take.

Moz31.jpg

Moz41.jpg

What a lot of people come for a sailfish !!! ;)

Quoted from Charl

"After very hard work, and a years waiting time, we at last got the chance to get licensed to operate fishing charters out Tofu, Mozambique.

We had a great time, and our whole team was down there.

The people we hosted got sea sick on the first day so me and Fred had a bit of fun. The weather was not good, and May is not the best time to fish this area. None the less, we did ok.....I got a nice Sailfish, small yellowfin tunnie, and me and Fred had a nice double on the Dorado's. Lots of bottom fish like snapper and rock cod as well.

Sailfish was taken on a Shimano Tld20 with a light Shimano standup rod, 15kg main mono line with a 54lbs Leader. A Williamson Softie with a trailing Ballyhoo bait fish got him on the boat. We raised 5 more, but falied to get them to strike.

Tunnie was taken on a Halco deep diving minnow and the Dorado's on the ever faithful red and white X-rap from Rapala. We "flipped" a carrapou bait rigged for King mackerel to a dorado when Fred got his next to the boat, and we managed to hook and load him.

Mozambique truly is a lost paradise, and we are looking forward to sharing the laid back relaxed paradise with our friends and clients. Frederik took some of the most amazing photo's you can imagine.

We are back now, and will start hunting next week!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!