To the PHs and Outfitters on this forum, A Question?

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
The last 2 safaris that I have been on I have been lucky enough to introduce Africa and its hunting to 6 people who would never have gone to Africa unless I or someone else accompanied them to show them how and give them that extra bit of confidence to go to "AFRICA". The first couple were in their 70s and didn't want to go to the African Continent alone because they had fears of "danger". The second trip, another couple also would not go on their own unless I (we, the little woman and me) went with to help them get through Customs and be reassured they would be all right while there. On the same trip a Father and Son duo would not go unless we did the planning and "guided" them through the intricacies of the gun permits and Customs and getting to the hunting area. This concern is all in addition to us telling them that the would meet them at Customs by the PH and be taken to the hunt area.
With this much "concern" and hesitation on so many "clients" that I have seen just in the last 2 years it would seem to me that Outfitters and PHs selling their wares at the different shows would see the same thing pop up when talking to customers. I'm also wondering about the upper end of the clientele list who can afford a high end hunt but who will not leave the USA to go there because of a sense of foreboding on safety. I know of one even in my small town.
PHs and Outfitters here on this forum- How much of this have you come across ?
Secondly, If there is this much "concern" on clients minds it would seem that your business could be improved if a service was available to you that could provide a contact to a "Personal Assistant" or "Traveling Companion" for those who desire it. Having been in a career that delt with the upper end client base in another venue I have seen how much they rely on personal assistants for much of everything. And even though you can provide perfect service, they are from over here and concerned. Now let's get something straight- I'm not suggesting you give anything away, The client would pay for Daily Observer rates for the Assistant and round trip airfare also. The assistant service would be on the hunt and in camp with the client.
Because my wife and I like Africa so much and we like introducing people to the fantastic travel opportunities there we are thinking along these lines. I for one, have shot enough trophies that my hunting is now limited by house capacity but my desire to be over there is still strong. BTW, this is a serious inquiry on a serious subject by experienced service industry people with premium service in mind.
PHs and Outfitters-Any thoughts along this line of having a service available to you, at no cost to you, to accompany reluctant clients?

I think it is a great idea. I have several friends who would love to go hunt, but every time I mention it their wives freak out. I usually hear some combination of ebola, AIDS, revolution, kidnapping, dangerous animals/snakes/scorpions etc, cannibalism, sleeping sickness, malaria and the list goes on and on. I usually come back and say that we should be scared of the cartels in Mexico because we are on the same continent as Mexico. Or, we should worry about freezing to death in the Arctic since we are on the same continent as Northern Canada.
I think most outfitters have an observer rate, and would welcome someone tagging along if it gave first time clients the confidence to come over and hunt.

Kind of a "professional friend" or "travel companion services"....interesting.

In our company we encourage clients to bring a travel companion with especially if they are from countries that does not speak good English. This helps the client when his companion id fluent and helps with communication etc.
You are welcome to contact us - Askari Adventures. Look us up on the internet. Speak to Paul or Linda and say that I told you to contact them.

Hi Cliffy,

I would like to know more about your idea. Please email me. You can find my email adress on my website link below.

Thanks for the input guys. Fritz and Niel an email has been sent, Thanks
As we are only in the planning stages any more input from other outfitters would be very helpful
In addition, a thought has come up as to maybe seeing if we could get permission to put on a seminar
at the Dallas Safari Club show next year along the lines of, 'Africa-What's Stopping you From Going?"
Please comment or sent PM if you wish.

Cliffy,

thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I already responded on your email.

Afton Guest House of Johannesburg offer a meet and greet service. Check them out at Home . They will meet the clients in the airport and help them get through the paperwork. If they stay over in Johannesburg, Aftons owners and staff will show the clients around and keep them safe until they're in the hands of their outfitter or back on the plane. They provide a great service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaStro

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,