Tis the Season...for SCAMMERS!

I never buy anything online so how or what is the correct / safest method of payment?
(Not really for my info as I'm not in USA)

I never buy anything online so how or what is the correct / safest method of payment?
(Not really for my info as I'm not in USA)
Credit card

What level of intelligence or common sense exists that one would purchase and pay with cash transfer Zelle or the like on the internet sales sites in today’s environment. To quote Forrest Gump….stupid is as stupid does.
If someone is desperate for the item, it would be easier to miss the red flags. Another factor is drinking.

There was a site mentioned on another forum where the member bought 72,000 pounds of Varget and checkout was ready to accept his money through one of the cash transfer methods.
@Hogpatrol
Mate 72,000 pounds of varget is one hell of a lot. Hope e has got enough primers and projectiles to use it all
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@Hogpatrol
Mate 72,000 pounds of varget is one hell of a lot. Hope e has got enough primers and projectiles to use it all
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
Only person I know of who needed that much gunpowder for "personal use" was called Guy Fawkes... ;)

I know that I’m in the minority but whenever I purchase a rifle from an individual, I fly to that state and physically inspect the rifle before handing over payment.

Sad but I no longer shop gunbroker since they do such a poor job eliminating scammers
I buy and sell there all the time still. Just have to be cautious. I have had a few non paying bidders but havent as yet not gotten what I purchased there. It wasnt always as good as I hoped but I did get it.

Worst GB experience so far at least was an old Brazilian 98 Mauser in 7mm that as received was not in shootable condition due to deep pitting in the receiver where it counts.

Seller would not take it back, despite GB getting involved. I ended up just parting it out on GB and sold the barreled receiver but with a copy of a note signed by the buyer that if he shot it and bad things happened that it was on him.
The GB guarantee is about useless for getting your money back, too many hoops to jump thru.

I lost money on the whole thing but not much.

I buy from my local retailer or a fellow AH member. I trust AHers and I can physically see what I'm buying from my local store. If I should see something at a gunshow or someone in my area, I give it a real thorough inspection before any money changes hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!