Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I was having a text conversation last night with @TOBY458 about some R8 rifles & parts for sale on Gun Broker. The deals were incredible! Fortunately neither of us followed through on these, because later today I received a call from @TOBY458. These postings on GB were in fact a scam. They were not only scamming potential buyers but using the name of Mad Dog Guns in the process. If you are making a purchase from Mad Dog, give him a call to verify everything. I've purchased stuff from him in the past without any problems.

Just a reminder to stay alert, ask questions and if a deal seems too good to be true...it probably is. It's the holiday season and although scammers are always out there, it seems like this time of year it's at its peak. Stay frosty and shop safe.

The scary part is, I told another member about these deals, thinking it was just a "going out of business sale", and he had hit the buy it now, and was prepared to send payment! Glad I called him before he did so! I had never seen someone hack into a well known seller's account and do what they did. Sad part is, the deals are still showing on Gunbroker as I type this! We're talking R8 Professional in standard calibers for $2250. Pro S for $1650, Luxus for $2450. LOL!!! I hope they get this taken down soon!

If all they take is paypal, venmo or zelle, RUN FORREST RUN!

I'd rather do business with the many AH members that I've bought and sold from than have to vette another GB seller for a possible scam.

IIRC, Armslist was the site to be careful. Now it's gunbroker. Sad.

So do you guys think that highland stalker I just hit buy now for 2500 bucks is a scam? Lol

Get your order in for that new Blaser R8 now! Operators are standing by.
e-laugh.gif

nigerian-scammers-at-work-02.jpg

I was having a text conversation last night with @TOBY458 about some R8 rifles & parts for sale on Gun Broker. The deals were incredible! Fortunately neither of us followed through on these, because later today I received a call from @TOBY458. These postings on GB were in fact a scam. They were not only scamming potential buyers but using the name of Mad Dog Guns in the process. If you are making a purchase from Mad Dog, give him a call to verify everything. I've purchased stuff from him in the past without any problems.

Just a reminder to stay alert, ask questions and if a deal seems too good to be true...it probably is. It's the holiday season and although scammers are always out there, it seems like this time of year it's at its peak. Stay frosty and shop safe.
Scammers everywhere these days for sure.

Scammers everywhere these days for sure.
And how many of them on GB or GI are a "re incarnated" Chicken Farmers with different IPAs and screen names who we dealt with here a couple of times scamming AH members under at least two different screen names? It's very demoralizing and destabilizing in regards to the honest people trying to sell or buy something.

Yeah, finally found some Clay Dot online. Looked at purchasing accepting only Zelle or Venmo. Phone disconnected and listed FFL number is at the other end of the country.

I passed.
There was a site mentioned on another forum where the member bought 72,000 pounds of Varget and checkout was ready to accept his money through one of the cash transfer methods.

There was a site mentioned on another forum where the member bought 72,000 pounds of Varget and checkout was ready to accept his money through one of the cash transfer methods.
Oh yeah. I've done that on some sights that were selling 458 Lott brass. No matter how many you entered, they were in stock and ready for payment. Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg