Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I was having a text conversation last night with @TOBY458 about some R8 rifles & parts for sale on Gun Broker. The deals were incredible! Fortunately neither of us followed through on these, because later today I received a call from @TOBY458. These postings on GB were in fact a scam. They were not only scamming potential buyers but using the name of Mad Dog Guns in the process. If you are making a purchase from Mad Dog, give him a call to verify everything. I've purchased stuff from him in the past without any problems.

Just a reminder to stay alert, ask questions and if a deal seems too good to be true...it probably is. It's the holiday season and although scammers are always out there, it seems like this time of year it's at its peak. Stay frosty and shop safe.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
The scary part is, I told another member about these deals, thinking it was just a "going out of business sale", and he had hit the buy it now, and was prepared to send payment! Glad I called him before he did so! I had never seen someone hack into a well known seller's account and do what they did. Sad part is, the deals are still showing on Gunbroker as I type this! We're talking R8 Professional in standard calibers for $2250. Pro S for $1650, Luxus for $2450. LOL!!! I hope they get this taken down soon!

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I'd rather do business with the many AH members that I've bought and sold from than have to vette another GB seller for a possible scam.

Bullthrower338

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
So do you guys think that highland stalker I just hit buy now for 2500 bucks is a scam? Lol

Bullthrower338

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Get your order in for that new Blaser R8 now! Operators are standing by.
e-laugh.gif

nigerian-scammers-at-work-02.jpg

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I was having a text conversation last night with @TOBY458 about some R8 rifles & parts for sale on Gun Broker. The deals were incredible! Fortunately neither of us followed through on these, because later today I received a call from @TOBY458. These postings on GB were in fact a scam. They were not only scamming potential buyers but using the name of Mad Dog Guns in the process. If you are making a purchase from Mad Dog, give him a call to verify everything. I've purchased stuff from him in the past without any problems.

Just a reminder to stay alert, ask questions and if a deal seems too good to be true...it probably is. It's the holiday season and although scammers are always out there, it seems like this time of year it's at its peak. Stay frosty and shop safe.
Scammers everywhere these days for sure.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Scammers everywhere these days for sure.
And how many of them on GB or GI are a "re incarnated" Chicken Farmers with different IPAs and screen names who we dealt with here a couple of times scamming AH members under at least two different screen names? It's very demoralizing and destabilizing in regards to the honest people trying to sell or buy something.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Yeah, finally found some Clay Dot online. Looked at purchasing accepting only Zelle or Venmo. Phone disconnected and listed FFL number is at the other end of the country.

I passed.
There was a site mentioned on another forum where the member bought 72,000 pounds of Varget and checkout was ready to accept his money through one of the cash transfer methods.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
There was a site mentioned on another forum where the member bought 72,000 pounds of Varget and checkout was ready to accept his money through one of the cash transfer methods.
Oh yeah. I've done that on some sights that were selling 458 Lott brass. No matter how many you entered, they were in stock and ready for payment. Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLJC30

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,

Brian Gallup
wbriangallup@gmail.com
Kamloops BC, Canada V2E 1T4
1 250 372 1278
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope
CADJR55 wrote on roverandbrew's profile.
Is that Level 7 Type 2 Primaloft PCU parka still for sale?