Tips for packing skins for a long drive

AFRICADEE

AH member
Reaction score
I have attempted to search for some advice , so please point me in the right direction or provide some tips please.

I will be hunting soon in Namibia and will do the longhaul by road from Johannesburg, South Africa to central Namibia. The plan is to bring back a few "fresh" Hartman Zebra skins and they will have to spend 2 days or so in the back of the Cruiser. I won't have a lot of space so I would be required to roll or fold them etc.

Any tips on the best methodoly to pack them/ salt them as to prevent hair loss etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers

Yes, with the correct permits!

Thank you for the references.

Hope the skins will have some time to dry in salt before the treck back to RSA!

This sounds like a recipe for disaster.
If they are wet and packed tight/ rolled, salt or no you are running a huge risk of hair slip.

Can you freeze them?
If you had a large cool box and they were kept cold on ice (note I live in a cold climate) you can likely get them home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross