Tipping Guides not cows

Whitworth375

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hey all,

I am heading to Alberta next month for a 6.5 day 1x1 rifle mule deer/whitetail combo hunt. How much should i be tipping the outfitter? 10% is pretty standard correct? The outfitter told me last week that he may only be hunting with me or the 1st evening and then handing me off to one of his guides which is fine but, who should be getting the tip...the guide or outfitter? I'm planning on taking them a treat from the closest city here as a gift anyhow. Who would you tip and how much? Both? Guide only? I look forward to everyone's input and will be sure to post a report be it good or bad when i get home. Counting the days and chomping at the bit! :)

Thanks

Where in Alberta?!

I will be hunting near Cochrane. Any input on the areas deer population?

I would tip the guide personally if you are being handed off. He is the one that will be putting in the work for you. 10% sounds pretty good as a starting point. Go up or down depending on quality of the trip.

I would tip the guide personally if you are being handed off. He is the one that will be putting in the work for you. 10% sounds pretty good as a starting point. Go up or down depending on quality of the trip.
I would also do just as Cody has recommended

10% is good.

Reactions: ack
The guide gets the tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois