Times Are Changing, Do We Change With Them

I am a fan of midway and larry but those other two kind of come off very full of themselves. That is in my eyes of coarse. We need new people to reach out to get new hunters to join and help fight the fight

Velo dog I agree in some ways but it is about the killing of animals the anti hate the must they just use the rest to keep us all fighting with each other.

I am a fan of midway and larry but those other two kind of come off very full of themselves. That is in my eyes of coarse.

It's not just in your eyes, Tony strikes me as someone I'd never sit down and have a beer with. But he is a hunter too. If we share common goals which I'm certain we do, then I'm willing to work with him even if I don't care for him. Really I don't care who it is (well at least to an extent), results are what matters now. And I think we all agree the results we've been getting are not what we want.

I am a fan of midway and larry but those other two kind of come off very full of themselves. That is in my eyes of coarse. We need new people to reach out to get new hunters to join and help fight the fight

Velo dog I agree in some ways but it is about the killing of animals the anti hate the must they just use the rest to keep us all fighting with each other.

Hi billc,

My comment about the three main causes of our public relations disaster was in regards to the millions if not billions of non-Hunters out there.
I definitely was not referring to the rabid anti-Hunters with that post.
Trying to avoid offending the anti-Hunter is simply impossible.

I totally agree with you that the vast majority of anti-Hunters hate the taking of any wild animal's life by a human, even in self defense.
But, in my experiences, evidently the average anti-Hunter's outrage does not apply to the millions of captive livestock being bashed over the head and butchered / packaged for sale, in typical slaughter houses, around the world.
It is impossible to reason with the unreasonable.

As far as I can tell, only a relatively small percentage of anti-hunters are true vegan, thereby objecting to any animal, wild or domestic, being eaten by people.
It's evidently acceptable to vegans that wolves do this though (wish I knew how they worked that one out, deep within their little broccoli brains).
The vegans are IMO either insane or, living some spoiled brat, life long simmering temper tantrum, perhaps some of both.

At a glance it seems (briefly at least) that, the vegan stands by her convictions of - no animal should die at the hands of a human, no matter what.
But when I slow down and consider that no wild animal is allowed to live on a vegetable farm (especially elephant LOL), I'm left to conclude vegans are dilusional hypocrites, same as all anti-hunters.

Can't reason with delusional people, such as anti-Hunters, it's a complete waste of time.
But regarding the millions and millions of meat eating non-Hunters around us, I think we owe it to ourselves to calmly inform them that most of us Hunter types do not hunt animals just to measure the horns.
Sadly, that is the impression we as hunters seem to be broadcasting, and this world wide misperception of us ("kill kill measure measure score score") is sadly our own fault.

Hopefully I have not made my position more confusing than it already was.
We do agree, you and I that, the antis are not worth trying to reason with.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
I do not even HAVE Facebook or twitter or whatever...and will NEVER have such!!
I even do not publish hunting fotos on my firearm business website... fuel to the fire?
I DO publish stories and fotos on AH and also write articles in local hunting magazines, with fotos... any attacks from such publication are then directed at me personally and NOT my business.
THERE IS NO CONTROL over stuff published on FB tec... it just goes viral.
This article does have some good points and we need to reflect on these and come up with a plan of action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg