TIME TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST ANTIS & SHOW CANCELLATIONS

There was a thread over the summer about investing in oil wells or something to that effect. My mistake on stock.

There was a thread over the summer about investing in oil wells or something to that effect. My mistake on stock.
Right. They added a new corporate sponsor, which tries to attract people to invest in oil wells. As someone recently retired from that industry, I can only imagine how those investments are doing.

Right. They added a new corporate sponsor, which tries to attract people to invest in oil wells. As someone recently retired from that industry, I can only imagine how those investments are doing.
:E Rofl:

Marius, do you really believe SCI is doing enough? I would have to respectfully disagree. There have been silent when Cecil occurred, they could and should have responded on social media and elsewhere for the public to not convict until all the facts are in. They did not. Where are they on the airline ban? I could go on and on, I see SCI as a "company" that looks out for their bottom line instead of TRULY protecting hunters rights. Why in the world would they associate themselves recently with that "stock deal". What does that have to do with hunters rights and protection?. I for one need to see much more when it comes to our rights. And I know you as a PH needs to have U.S. clients come and hunt and spend money in Africa. The way it's going I m not sure where this wheel will stop.

John,
it was said tongue in cheek. What you described, is exactly what SCI proclaims to be.

Sorry Marius, this stuff just gets my Sicilian blood boiling

Sorry Marius, this stuff just gets my Sicilian blood boiling

All of us pal. I got confronted by an anti at the show in Toronto this year. That's basically like someone coming into your house and giving you s**t.
So, many would ask, why SCI are not doing more. I would like to hear what members feel should be done more by SCI.

Reactions: lcq
Whole heartily agree.. I have not renewed my membership.

Just to add on to my "confrontation" with the 19-21yr old girl, she wanted to know how we could hunt endangered animals.....like Zebra.

Just to add on to my "confrontation" with the 19-21yr old girl, she wanted to know how we could hunt endangered animals.....like Zebra.

Did you tell her by aiming for the sergeant stripes to ensure good shot placement ?

Did you tell her by aiming for the sergeant stripes to ensure good shot placement ?

Well, I guess our show special of guaranteeing that you would be taking one of the last 5 Zebra on earth did not help.... :D

Whole heartily agree.. I have not renewed my membership.
I'm not sure that not renewing is helping. Is SCI perfect? No. Do I agree with everything, like how Cecil was handled? No. But at this time, is there another group that promotes hunting locally and internationally better than SCI? The list must be short and I don't know those groups.

I appreciate your passion, but would you consider applying it on your local SCI board?

As misinformed as this girl is, we have hunters who will attack you because you likely hunt some properties in South Africa that are fenced. It isn't "sporting". It is surprisingly hard to educate them. If we have to work that hard with fellow hunters, is it surprising that non-hunters have misconceptions of African hunting or hunting in general?

We have slept at the wheel for a long time thinking hunting will go on forever. Well folks, hunting could be done in less than 10 years if we don't band together and get working NOW.

If you think hunting is protected in your state because of recently passed legislation, don't count on it. We recently (mistakenly IMO) elected a Prime Minister and federal government in Canada who has stated that he will revert laws passed by the previous government that he does not like.

Hunting is not safe.

Frankly, if there was one umbrella group to do the organizing, that group could and and should approach not only hunters and outfitters (we are always the easy ones to approach), but also firearms manufacturers, outdoor gear makers, governments of countries with hunting, animal breeders and ranchers, publishers of hunting magazines, videos and books, television networks, etc., etc., etc. There are enough organizations which make money from hunting and hunters that I would think you could raise a reasonable amount of money. Run it with low administrative costs and complete financial transparency. Create a logo for use by those who participate/contribute. Convince hunters that they should seek out organizations which contribute to the sustainability/social license for our sport. This could be done.
I'm with you in spirit, I wish we could all get along. Hunters VS antihunters. But in my experience most hunters and fisherman can't get along. Trying to get corporations and everyone else on board would be a daunting task, it could be possible be done. But most people think one thing in hunting won't effect the other, because they are blind and ignorant.

Do I think SCI is slow to react? yes..................but they are fighting battles globally with very few members....DSC is too. Everyone else is sitting on the sidelines talking about it but not doing much either.

Well, I guess our show special of guaranteeing that you would be taking one of the last 5 Zebra on earth did not help.... :D

To be fair Marius, you did actually offer her the last one if I remember correctly:)

AB2506

You are spot one with Canadian Hunters. On the local forums I take a lot of flack from hunters who think trophy hunting should be stopped, just not here in Canada. I have personally been pressing hunters to drop the arguing and constant bickering amongst themselves (trophy vs meat hunter, archer vs rifleman, the list goes on and on) and band together. Surprisingly enough when you lay out the facts the vast majority of guys (hunters) I talk to change their mind about Africa and realize it is the first fight we must win. Because when the antis are done with Africa our bear hunts etc ...are next and then who knows ... so keep up the fight!

However if Marius could have closed the deal on the last Zebra in RSA we probably could have put the whole thing to rest;)

I'm not sure that not renewing is helping. Is SCI perfect? No. Do I agree with everything, like how Cecil was handled? No. But at this time, is there another group that promotes hunting locally and internationally better than SCI? The list must be short and I don't know those groups.

I appreciate your passion, but would you consider applying it on your local SCI board?
I know and understand what you are saying, and to a degree your right. I just feel SCI has been moving further away from the real reason they were started. CJ was a hunter. I had the pleasure of speaking with him several times, my gut feeling tells me he would be handling "hunter rights" much differently. When I see SCI's lack of response to the utter bashing we are taking in the public eye on social media and elsewhere , not to mention what now has happened to lion importing I personally find it extremely difficult to continue to pay for membership. IMO were on our own to much of what is happening right now. Why did they not do something to bring the facts to light to the USFW service over lion in SA? Or if they did with all the money the spend in Washington did this happen? Im just so upset and frustrated with the continual bashing were getting.

Johnny do you honestly think the Obama administration or Clinton Administration would listen to SCI even if they spent a billion dollars marketing or lobbying their position?
Not a chance in the world. I would take that bet every hour of the day...............
The liberals have the power....it is that simple.

The Clintons unleashed the wolfs in the USA, stopped polar bear hunting. And Obama is starting the end of Big 5 hunting.

About the only thing SCI maybe does is prevents the liberals from doing whatever they want, whenever they want 24/7.

Man I know it! So frustrating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!