time sensitive powder valley has a few Alliant powders in stock tonight 1-8-2021

sgt_zim

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
just ordered a couple kegs of Alliant powders from powder valley.

get it while it lasts.

note: RL15 and RL17 not in stock, but there were a couple slow burners available.

dude, i haven't seen varget since maybe October 2019

This is madness,
What size do your people term a keg?

I read Hodgdon repackage ADI powders in the US, I guess that means the transport in bulk and divide it into approved containers.

We used to see a drum/keg of 15kg but that was nearly 30 years ago .

We now see a gallon jug that is 4 kg or 2kg in trailboss.

Otherwise it’s 500gm or half kg probably equivalent size of your pound jugs

When I went to the web site this afternoon they were completely out of RL22 in both the 1 lb and 5 lb cans.

I didn't need any but just wanted to check.

This is madness,
What size do your people term a keg?

I read Hodgdon repackage ADI powders in the US, I guess that means the transport in bulk and divide it into approved containers.

We used to see a drum/keg of 15kg but that was nearly 30 years ago .

We now see a gallon jug that is 4 kg or 2kg in trailboss.

Otherwise it’s 500gm or half kg probably equivalent size of your pound jugs

a keg, to me, is anything larger than 1 lb. Sometimes it's 4#, sometimes it's 5, usually it's 8.

I went to my local Sportsman's Warehouse, and I couldn't believe my eyes, they had three pounds of Varget. I bought them and walk right out. I was a happy shopper :}

Was in an LGS a couple days ago, got Benchmark and H4198. They had Varget, 8208 and a few of the Reloder powders. Pistol powders and some ball powders seem to be in fairly good supply. Shotgun powders and primers, no problem but other primers, fuggeddaboutit. This is in SE PA and N DE.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.24 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.25 AM.png
    669.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.27 AM.png
    923.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.12.30 AM.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 180
Now is a good time to inventory the powder(s), etc., that have been sitting unused for years. Trade with fellow shooters / GC members for something you need. Just did that and picked up a keg of Benchmark for my 308 practice loads.

Me too!
I just picked up some bullets on GB from a couple of individuals and the prices were in line with all the regular online suppliers that are currently out of stock. But $332 for a brick of Federal LRPs- with 32 bids- Good grief! Scalper meets panicked market. Lucky here in that my LGS stores aren't scalping but all have very limited supply or out of stock with some. I continue to grab a pound of powder here and there and will probably get some primers tomorrow. Supply at some point is always able to catch up but the huge elephant in the room is the new Admin will likely start trying to regulate most all this out of existence. Not a happy thought but it hasn't been a secret either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross