Tiger Fishing SA

Johannes_Wildlife

Reaction score
Media
We went to do some tiger fishing the last two afternoons. This being my first time trying the whole tiger fishing expedition. Yesterday we had some bad weather and couldn't manage to get anything on the river. So today the call came in that the weather is looking much better. Launched the boat hooked the live baits that swims behind the boat while trolling and we fixed the other rods (one with a rapala the other with a spinner) for getting the time to pass by. As we trolled up river we cast to see if there is any luck on these lures. As soon as we stopped and wanted to anchor down for a while I threw my lure in the water once again and next moment I got a great hit on it. And to add to the story this was my first time tiger fishing!! After the great hit and the fish pulling the line like crazy running of, it eventually gave me a chance to reel it in slow and steadily. After a few minutes it finally came closer to the boat, now the tricky part as most tiger fish gets off when landing it at the boat. But luckily we managed to net him quick and easily. The tiger fish weighed a full 4kg, so I reckon that's a great size to start of a new interesting hobbie for me!

IMG_20201112_203833_456.jpeg
IMG_20201112_203833_455.jpeg
PSX_20201111_195610.jpeg
IMG_20201112_204435_881.jpeg
PSX_20201112_203331.jpeg
PSX_20201112_203252.jpeg

WOW Johannes! That is a monster tiger fish! Not sure you can beat that. I would probably mount it! Congratulations!

And very nice pictures too!

Great catch! What body of water were you fishing?

Nice one! I have been tiger fishing for many years and that is one good catch! Whether it was beginner's luck or skill either way a great fish. You'll probably fish for a long time before beating that.

Where were you fishing?

We were fishing the Komati River.
Nice one! I have been tiger fishing for many years and that is one good catch! Whether it was beginner's luck or skill either way a great fish. You'll probably fish for a long time before beating that.

Where were you fishing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg