Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
I have three big bore rifles for sale. A 1964 M 70 Super Grade .458 Win Mag, a Remington 700 Safari .375 HH and a CZ 550 American in .416 Rigby caliber. All three of these rifles have either no marks or very few safe marks. Even though we believe the CZ and Remington are new old stock, we do not have any boxes for any of the rifles. Below I will list the photos and a narrative for each of the rifles.

1964 Model 70 Super Grade .458 Win Mag:
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG

I bought this rifle in the summer of 2013. My son and I put one box of Fusion 500 gr. ammo through it over two trips to the range. Far too much recoil for either of us. I cleaned it, placed it in a Bore Stor and then into the safe. The rifle is a push feed. It stayed their until August 2017. At that time I traded it to Wildman Arms for a new Lipsey Ruger Safari .275 Rigby. It remained in their vault until their gun room was finished in January. It is now on display/for sale there. The only place this rifle shows any age is the recoil pad. It has never hunted and taken to the range only twice that I can confirm.

Asking price is $1200.00
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remington 700 Safari in .375 HH
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG

This rifle, along with the CZ that follows was acquired by Wildman a year ago in some type of trade where the rifle they were after is an 1880 bottom lever sxs rifle made in Austria. So I cannot tell you anymore about the rifle's history. The rifle is a typical push feed 700 action. The wood and metal finish is top drawer IMO. We thought is was a Remington Custom Shop rifle, but were not able to confirm it. This rifle has never hunted and doesn't appear to have ever been fired, even though it had the base and 1 inch rings already attached when it was acquired. The grip cap and the forearm end cap are rosewood. This is a gorgeous rifle in the do anything caliber!

Asking price is $1750.00
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CZ 550 American Safari in .416 Rigby

IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

This CZ was acquired at the same time as the Remington listed above. 25 inch barrel, 3+1 capacity, CRF action. Same as new. Never hunted and no obvious signs of being fired. This is a factory stock rifle to our knowledge and has not had any chamber work that many of you discuss on this forum.

Asking price is $1250
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can contact me or direct to Wildman Arms, since they are located in his gun room.
John Douglas
Wildman Arms
25502 I-30 North
Bryant, Arkansas
501-455-1200
wildmanarms@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I am placing the sale of this Ruger RSM on temporary hold. I may be replacing it with another RSM .416 Rigby. I will update this thread once I make a decision. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks to all of you!

Very nice. Pity it’s such a drama to import into Australia. I would the 416 Rigby !

I am placing the sale of this Ruger RSM on temporary hold. I may be replacing it with another RSM .416 Rigby. I will update this thread once I make a decision. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks to all of you!

The new RSM .416 Rigby with much better wood will be posted as soon as I make the photos!

For anyone out there thinking about these rifles I just wanted to say that sierraone is a great guy to deal with. I bought a Winchester M70 SE in 375 H&H from him last month and it was exactly as described ( maybe better). Had real great phone conversation about guns. He’s the real deal, so jump on it!

Sir, what are the 2 letters on left side of barrel that indicate month/year of manufacturing for the Remington? Thank you.

Sir, what are the 2 letters on left side of barrel that indicate month/year of manufacturing for the Remington? Thank you.
I believe they are BF but can't be sure about the first letter. I will see the rifle in person on Monday and will try to get you an answer.

If BF it would be January of either 1985 or 2012. I'm guessing its more than 6 years old :)

If BF it would be January of either 1985 or 2012. I'm guessing its more than 6 years old :)
This rifle was acquired along with the CZ listed in the spring of 2017 in a trade/buy by the shop to obtain a 1880 Austrian double rifle. The shop owners thought that the Remington Safari was a Custom Shop rifle. After considerable research they decided it was not. The year of manufacture you first came up with, 1985 I believe is approximately correct. I came up with 85-86. BUT, the Remington serial number site is not straight forward, at least to me. Hopefully, but no promises, I will have a more firm answer for you on Monday.

P.S. I ran into the same type problem on the Winchester site a couple of months ago. Fortunately a couple of AH members were able to help. I found that for Winchester some of the serial numbers may be used a second time depending on when and who owned the company. Utter stupidity in my opinion.

Also, the bolt appears to have a bit of “plum” coloring. I have an ‘85 Classic in .350 Mag that has a bolt as purple as a Laker’s jersey. Maybe ‘85 guns had that uniqueness.

I've been looking for a push feed Super 70 in 45 caliber. This one is really nice especially for it's age...

The Remington Safari was manufactured in 1985, initially sold to a shop in Cincinnati. Info was confirmed by Remington when investigating whether or not it is a Custom Shop gun. It is not.

CZ .416 Rigby has SOLD.

Also, the bolt appears to have a bit of “plum” coloring. I have an ‘85 Classic in .350 Mag that has a bolt as purple as a Laker’s jersey. Maybe ‘85 guns had that uniqueness.
My 1988 Remm also has a Purple bolt handle

Very nice. Pity it’s such a drama to import into Australia. I would the 416 Rigby !
Dr Ray,
I think it’s such a shame and very unnecessary restrictive firearm laws, that hunters in Australia and those in the U.K. (As described on another thread) and other countries, can’t import or maybe even own a large bore, small magazine capacity, bolt action hunting rifle? I know it is what it is, and with great time and effort, sometimes one can overcome the restrictions, but I don’t understand the restriction logic for the legitimate, licensed hunters in those countries? I guess I’m just thinking of a “utopia” hunting world, where hunters can get the firearm(s) they need/want to pursue the game they want to hunt in their home countries and/or other countries. I guess I’m just an old and naive American! Hope someday these scenarios will change for the betterment of hunters worldwide!
Thanks!
CEH

We in Australia have restrictions on semi autos but central buy Judy about anything else.
Mind you we’ve had a few multi murders since the tough new gun laws were introduced.
But the media didn’t comment on the non firearm related ones of course.
Mist murders in this country are done by “sharp instruments”.
Enough said??

We in Australia have restrictions on semi autos but central buy Judy about anything else.
Mind you we’ve had a few multi murders since the tough new gun laws were introduced.
But the media didn’t comment on the non firearm related ones of course.
Mist murders in this country are done by “sharp instruments”.
Enough said??
Dr Ray,
This is off the subject of this thread, but since the Rigby is sold, what the h***. Ha! Ha! Anyway, the murders with “sharp instruments” in Australia, Great Britain , etc., is exactly what happened in the American West throughout the 1800s when lawlessness ruled. The largest “bully” or thug with a knife could threaten and intimidate a towns people. The gunslinger with his expertise in handling and reloading a black powder revolver could also intimidate in the same way. Ah, but then Samuel Colt produced his .45 Colt metallic cartridge “Peacemaker” revolver, and it changed everything! The average man could now load six already prepared metallic cartridges into his manstopping .45 Colt revolver and with a little practice and when threatened, shoot the largest knife wielding bully into the next life.
This may be a simplistic example of a time gone buy, but as I grow older, I’m glad I have my own Peacemaker (Glock 10mm) to help a knife or gun wielding thug to his next life, while saving my own.
CEH

We in Oz are not allowed hand guns (without good cause),
The police are always saying anything to do w taking away the guns is a safety measure.

I must ensure when using my iPhone that I type what I think - predictive text changes do many things I type.
Maybe my phone hates me!☹️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!