Thoughts on Swarovski 8x30 habicht

KodyK

Reaction score
I've been looking at some binoculars to take with me on my upcoming safari. This pair came up at a great price used. All the advice I've heard is that 10x40 is probably the best for plains game but I'm having a hard time passing on this to get some Swarovski glass. Do I keep looking for the right 10x40 or go with this?

My thoughts are that I'm happy for you that you can afford Swaro's! If you can get them, I can't imagine the difference between 8x and 10x is enough to dissuade you from getting something that good.

You cannot go wrong with Swarovski. I have the same ones and they are great

More magnification is not necessarily better. If you can try the binoculars, the best test is in your hands, with your eyes, not some reviewers opinion. I often choose my 8.5X Swarovski's over a couple others I have with 10x magnification. They are quicker and easier to use, and less fatiguing to the eyes when using offhand without a rest. Seeing the smallest detail clearly is for spotting scopes anyway in my opinion.

I had sometimes several binos in my luggage.
10x56 Zeiss
10x 40 Zeiss
10x 25 or 8x 25 Minox in my pocket during the journey

10x 40 is for me the best option there
Strong enough to see animals in a perfect view.
Easy weight for stalking over hours (just).

But I prefer big,variable scopes on my rifles.I want to see every fly on the buffalos head, every black burned miombo stick in front of its body in the thick and dark cover.

I never thought that a Leica or a Zeiss can be beaten .
But Swaro is King -Size . To bad that these are Austrians :(
Foxi

Last edited:
i have steiner 10x32 ,but also swarovski 8x30 slc which have had for bout 20 years, and you wont be handicapped by only having the 8x30 at all.
image002.jpg

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same ones spiket showed in the pic, but a slightly more recent model called the SLCneu. Fantastic stuff in a smaller package than the 8-10z42's. You will not be handicapped in the least with an 8x32 class binocular in Africa, and in fact I consider it the perfect size glass to take.

image002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IlaCourtne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!