Thoughts on Scope Selection for Sauer 404

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
Hi All,

i just wanted to gauge others opinions about my possible scope selection for my Sauer 404 barrel in 375 H&H. Currently my Sauer 404 has a 300 Win Mag barrel which is fitted with a swaro Z5 3.5-18x44.

I've got the 375 H&H barrel on the way and together these two calibers will form a light travel/take down/ easily concealed battery for those trips where i spend time holidaying and sight seeing rather than purely hunting. So to cover all bases I was going to fit a Doctor unipoint 2.5-10x50 scope with the 4 Dot illuminated reticle on it. is this too much scope for the 375 considering?

or what else up to $1k in a 30mm tube would you suggest?

regards

I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.

Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.

I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.
I have a couple meopta , a ZD and a meostar fixed power. A friend has the r2 3-12 . They are such nice scopes. Glass is so good, I can't say my Schmidt Bender costing double has better glass.

If you get a chance to look through them it would be well worth your time. I haven't looked through the meopro line myself.

Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.
Cameralandny stocks the Meostar R2 in 1,7-10x42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross