Thoughts On Sako Fiberclass 375 H&H

I purchased a new Sako Fiberclass in .375 H&H in the early 90's when they were first released in Australia.
I still have it today but have changed the factory tractor tyre recoil pad to a Pachmayr 1" decelerator pad. I also fitted a cross bolt behind the front recoil lug through the stock. Plus it has been epoxy bedded and the barrel floated.
It did not come with any sight just a plain barrel.
From the images you have posted they look like twins but mine is without sights.
After I first purchased it I use to take it pig hunting often to get familiar using the rifle for future water buffalo hunts and future African hunts. So after 400 plus rounds through the gun it started to crack up the original epoxy bedding and a small crack appeared in the stock behind the rear tang of the action.
This is when I had my gunsmith fit the cross bolt and re-apply fresh bedding compound.
Roll forward to today it is still going strong and I have had no other issues.
This gun is one of my favorites.

Thank you @GeoffB, yes I was thinking hard on it & should have bought it but I carry a .458Win when hunting big stuff & my 9.3X62 on lesser game when I might come onto some thing bigger !

I procrastinated too long & it is sold, so I will again keep a watch out for a nice English .375 H&H or maybe a bargain Brno ZKK 602 if one turns up !

Just when I'm tracking wounded game with the boys I can cover a lot of ground, one day on Eland 29kms from 7:30am to 6:45pm, 2 different trackers & would of liked a nice light .375 !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois