Thoughts on bringing your own rifle?

If you really shoot your rifles well and know them inside out and you are very confident with them then take them along. if it is a rifle you just got and have not really bonded with or shot allot with then you might as well use the Outfitters rifle
I bought mine specifically to go to Africa and have shot it a ton since picking it up. The last thing I want is a wounded animal because I didn't practice enough. If I get them I want it to be nice and clean for their sake, it seems like it's something I owe them though I understand that may sound strange.

Good day Sir,
I have taken my firearms both times to SA with no issues at all, on our first trip to Limpopo we toured Kruger after the safari. We stayed at Afton Guest house before and after the tour so they were kind enough to take the firearms during that time (not sure if they still do that). Our second trip we toured the Eastern Cape (Jeffreys Bay, Garden route and Addo) after the Safari and our PH arranged to have someone look after the firearms while we were on tour. There is always a way if you look for it. Now that being said I am headed to Zambia in August so I decided I would rent instead of transiting through some sketchy countries with my own.
Good luck and have fun

12 hours in England will give you time to do this
Unknown.jpg

1. Did you use a hunting travel agent?
2. Are you changing airports in England?
3. You shouldn't have flown through England.

It's a fallacy that it's too much trouble to take your own gun. The only place I wouldn't take my own gun is Europe because they have excellent guns and I would take my wife and do some touring afterwards. Get a good travel agent and get going on safari with your own stuff!
Regards,
Philip

We always encourage clients to bring along their own rifles. You practise with it, you are used to it; it is not that challenging to travel with your rifle when you are prepared on what to expect during your travels. When travelling to Namibia for trophy hunting, it is now possible to apply online for a Temp. Import Permit from the Namibian Police. Let us know if you require information in this regard.
Ansie

If given the choice, I'd take my own. Just have all your import ducks in a row well before leaving.

It is no big deal both in and out of Namibia.
BUT.. if going thru South Africa en route to Namibia, you also must get a SA firearms permit.
Just be sure you have your US for 4457 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois