Thought our .405 Win guys might get a kick out of this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.43 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
When I get my new barrel
Spun up for my Ruger No 1 project I will sell the factory .405 Win barrel here for a good price if someone wants a No 1 in that cartridge.
What caliber are you going to?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully I am WAY set on my DG rifles.. I'd have to go out and inventory.. but I think I have 3x boxes (10 count) of norma solid factory ammo that I bought specifically because it was crazy cheap.. I knew I'd just use it as range fodder, and then would have the brass for reloading... Im pretty sure I've got 50x pieces of norma factory 416 T brass (already loaded up).. and then at least 100 pieces of 458 WM brass that has been resized to 416 T.. Considering I probably shoot 20-30 rounds of 416 T a year.. I should be set for life..

I dont even want to think about how over set I am for the 375 H&H... There has to be at least 100 rounds of ammo in the locker already loaded for it.. and at least 200 pieces of primed brass that I just havent gotten around to loading yet.. the 375 gets shot about the same amount as the 416 T.. so.. a lifetime of ammo/reloading already on hand..

At this point I honestly should probably just sell off all of my reloading gear lol.. I have gone pretty crazy on the bench over the last 24 months.. I'd bet I have 300+ hunting rounds of 308 already brewed up.. at least a couple of hundred 30-06.. Maybe 200 rounds of 270.. at least 150 rounds of 300 H&H, etc..etc..etc..

I could go to the range weekly and shoot a couple of boxes of deer/PG type ammo.. and still have plenty to last me I'd guess 5-6 years...

At the rate I currently shoot.. Im going to guess Im dead long before the ammo runs out :ROFLMAO:
Well, um, based on the numbers you just quoted as being big supplies..... We have got a lot of ammo on hand;)

Depending on how much you like recoil, the Ruger can be loaded to equal the .450-400 levels with 400 gr bullets, as in 400gr. x 2100 fps.
I did load it up a bit but stayed below my recoil threshold., but I do shoot a 505 Gibbs so my threshold is up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you