AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpeknives.com
Media
Hunted
USA , including Alaska
Hello, Gentleman,

I am new to this forum. I am by choice a custom knife maker. I have only done small game hunting. Though while living in Alaska ,I did go after moose and grizzly bear. Neither of which I was able to take.
I live in central NC (USA) . About 2.5 years ago I suffered a back injury. After almost going stir crazy I began reading the books of Peter Capstick . These books have given me the urge to fulfill a dream from my childhood . To hunt in Africa. I am not 60 yet but am pushing it hard. I probably have little to offer this forum, but will contribute in areas that I have some knowledge of. I do hope to learn all I can . I also hope someday to hunt Cape buffalo .
Thank-you for having me
A.Sharpe

Welcome to AH A.Sharpe!

Welcome to AH A.Sharpe! Ask away, answers are never in short supply here

Welcome to the forum sir. You input is just as valuable as anyone else's.

gday ashape
welcome and enjoy this site mate

A.Sharpe, love to see some photos of your work, welcome to the forum. Capstick's writing has inspired many a hunter, including this one.

Thank-you sirs, for the welcome. To see some of my work my site is Home . I am not taking orders at this time due to this back thing but hope to be back at it soon. I always wanted to hunt Africa as a kid all the other kids had toy machine guns ,I had a toy double rifle made by my grandfather from a board and two pieces of pipe. As I remember he did a pretty good job on it. Capstick just rekindled a fire that life all but extinguished .

Welcome to AH.
Everyone starts out as a first time dreamer.

Hope you learn lots and are able to share pictures of that Buffalo hunt.
It may happen sooner than you think.

Welcome to AH A. Sharpe! Enjoy the site and ask all the questions you like.

Welcome Mr. Sharpe.....good name for a knife guy!

Glad to have you here. Your knives look great.

I have been reading here for 2 days before I decided to sign up. I have learned more about hunting Africa than I ever thought I would. For sure it's not a poor mans hobby. But not totally out of reach for a poor southern boy. Like another poster here said "when I'm laying on my death-bed will I remember the day I paid my house off , or the day I hunted Lion in Africa"
It is funny how one statement can make everything so clear.
Thank's for the kind words on my knives. When I am able to get back in the shop, I'd really like to get some input from you guy's for a Pro Hunter knife, or as I would call it Safari Grade Hunter.

Very nice work A. Sharpe, looking forward to your return to the shop and the "Safari Grade Hunter"

Welcome to AH, A. Sharpe!

Welcome to AH ,,this site has the Knack to turn Dreams into Reality

I know what you mean. I have learned so much here. The more I learn , the more the dream seems to be reachable. Cost isn't what I thought it would be. Actually very reasonable.

Welcome to AH Sharpe! share some pics of your knives!

Figured out how to post pics. I now have pictures of some of my work in my photo gallery. Hope this helps. I do not do production knives . Each is made per customer order. Even 2 of the same style knife will have their differences.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross