This must have the antis having a meltdown...New Zealand kids competition for shooting most feral cats

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Back in the day pheasant hunting in Iowa, we referred to them as “ditch tigers”, if they were more than 200 yards away from the nearest farmhouse……

Was on till today, on the news today it has been called off because of backlash !!

All cats should be neutered & any Cat not sitting on some ones lap shoot !

Do incredible damage here in NZ & in Australia on all manner of marsupials, reptiles & birds !

My opinion is if it is kept outside, it is not a pet. I totally understand the farms that have them to help with rodent control, but they are devastating on the small wildlife. We have considerably fewer feral cats around now though since coyotes/ fishers, foxes etc. have increased in number.

The lady at a neighboring farm was a crazy cat lady. When she died her son put her forty or so cats outside and they went feral. It’s taken over a year for the other neighbors and I to thin them out.

Was on till today, on the news today it has been called off because of backlash !!

All cats should be neutered & any Cat not sitting on some ones lap shoot !

Do incredible damage here in NZ & in Australia on all manner of marsupials, reptiles & birds !

That's a shame...it was a bloody good idea

Well should of seen the early morning News debate able this, all of them said "Shoot the Cats" even the anti gun hard left & Gay guys in the crew, one even said he would chip money into the reward Kitty for the dead Cats !!

Holy cow they will get Death Threats over this I bet !

When ever you want to control Cats or stinking Horses the world loses its mind !!

Yet again the antis prove that they are in no way conservationists. They are just anti more the sake of being anti. Likewise the officials who trot out the old "we recognize control is needed but it must only be done by trained professionals" etc.

Aww fk that's great, I wish they had that sort of thing in my neck of the woods. As I kid I shot my share of cats lol did lots of crow tournaments but never had a cat tournament lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Look what feral cats have done to the game bird population in most of Europe. If I find them out and about I shoot them on sight, even if I have to slow down the car to do it--they are that destructive.
Might as well mention dogs running down deer (might not have believed it if I hadn't personally seen it), but thats for another day, I guess.

Look what feral cats have done to the game bird population in most of Europe. If I find them out and about I shoot them on sight, even if I have to slow down the car to do it--they are that destructive.
Might as well mention dogs running down deer (might not have believed it if I hadn't personally seen it), but thats for another day, I guess.
We had barn cats when I was a kid at home. Every once in awhile we had to thin them out. Great offhand target practice. Damn things are the most vicious killers on the planet for small animals and birds. I hate them as much as snakes.

We had barn cats when I was a kid at home. Every once in awhile we had to thin them out. Great offhand target practice. Damn things are the most vicious killers on the planet for small animals and birds. I hate them as much as snakes.
Cats can/will hunt birds at night, when birds are blind. They will wipe out a covey of quail--a fox will leave a few to repopulate but not a cat.

These cat threads remind me of a fellow I knew that hates cats. He even had a belt buckle specially made for him "Cat Killer". I'll say rumor has it that he wrecked a couple of vehicles or a vehicle a couple of times trying to run cats over that were near the road. He wrecked/crashed his vehicle as he tried to cross ditches going after the cats. If memory serves me right he came out of one ditch and into a tree and another time he missed judge the depth of the ditch hit the other side of the ditch crushing the grill into the radiator and the radiator into the fan.

Back in the day, a mate of mine was the Pest Animal Manager for the state conservation department. His definition of a feral cat was any cat with its rear end pointing inside and at least one foot outside the door.
These days the animal rights mob have taken over and cat control rarely happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.