Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
Does anyone here use a 700NE? I think the word overkill fits here, but I could be wrong. 1000 grain bullet, $125 each pop. I'm not sure I'd ever have a reason, except to simply say that I did...

No thanks, I'll stick with the 40 and 50 calibers

It kills on both ends and will be a beast to carry!
500 is big enough.

There were a couple of .950 JDJ that came up as suggestions. Purely bench guns there. No practical purpose I'd say

no such thing as overkill when an angry animal is bearing down on you!

there is a member here who has a 700 NE, not sure if hes used it for hunting yet. @buckstix you have a 700 right?

-matt

Not going to get me to shoot it!

I've seen this video before. It's really funny. I get nervous for the guy shooting it every time I see it.…

The fellow shooting it is Cameron Mitchell (?). He coordinates the Super Slam for the Grand Slam Ovis Club. I say that only to say that he is a big, stout guy in person and that rifle rocks him pretty good.

I think I'll pass…

I think its an impractical calibre.... wont see me pulling one around in the bush

Already suffered from a torn retina. I don't want a severed one. A blind man doesn't hunt so well :(

wont see me pulling one around in the bush

You're right. I won't even venture as to how much one of these behemoths weighs. I've also seen some videos of guys lugging those 4-bore rifles around. Very neat from a historical perspective, but it looks like what I envision it to be if one were to carry a boat anchor through the jess......

Well this is the perfect opportunity to bring out one of my favourite phots. It's a 26lb 2-bore in my hands, was exquisitely balanced, and there is no way I'm carrying one unless it's in a Bergen!

IMG_0981.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jimbob where are you in that picture? It looks like a showroom as I see tags on the gun. I might have to come visit if that is the case. BTW what is that gun on the picture left of you, 12 gauge rotating feed system.

Glad the shooters arm is still attached.

@MMAL I very much wish it was a showroom but unfortunately it's not. It is in fact the National Firearms Centre in Yorkshire, England.
Sadly they don't let civilians in unless a journalist, author, historian, etc. Even then I believe they charge per hour. I got my invite as I am serving.
If you're ever near just ping them an email, they can be found online, and see if they'll let you in.

The firearm you refer to is actually a rifle. It's a Treeby and is one of the many failed attempts at repeating arms. Good page here if you're interested:
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/rifles/treeby-chain-gun/

.375HH is enough for me !

I'd probably have a go at it, if it wasn't my money buying ammo!

Oh I Would have to shoot it I just cant pass a good opportunity to experience some bone rattling brain jarring recoil!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg