This is an excellent forum! LA/AR hunter checking in...

Xpraetor

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, NHA, USSA, QF, CCA, NOGA, SCI, GOA, USCCA
First I would like to say thank you to Jerome for creating this forum. It is an excellent site!

I started hunting when I was 10 yrs. old with a Savage .410 O/U given to me by my father. I’ve been hooked ever since.

I have always been intrigued & in awe of Africa. I reside in Louisiana and split my hunting season(s) in northeast & southeast part of the state and northwest Arkansas. I hunt the typical game, my favorite is hunting quail & woodcock. Although hunting Elk & Black Bear is just as exhilarating.

I have been lurking around this site for the last year and finally decided to join the forum. I enjoy reading the stories of those who have been.

Glad to be here and look forward to future discussions.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH Xpraetor! Thank you for the kind words and I look forward to your participation.

Welcome to AH - best part of the forum is to join in discussions and air your opinions / experiences. BTW - you are allowed to disagree with views on this forum - without anyone holding an axe over your head...this is what makes AH special. But...be prepared when you do disagree, that you have you facts very straight...a world of experience on all hunting aspects amongst the members here...

Enjoy participating!

Welcome to AH Xpraetor! I agree with FHM3006 I myself have stepped on a few toes not meaning to and in-turn have made freinds here that I would have other wise never met. Jerome has and is doing a fantastic job on this site when my wife Deb joined she couldn't get thing to work right she contacted Jerome and he fixed it He's got that magic touch. If there is any info that you need to plan a trip to Africa the members of this sight will be glad to help you out. GOOD LUCK

Welcome to the forum. As I'm sure you are aware there is a lot of good information on here and a lot of people willing to help.

nd

Xpraetor

welcome to AH, you will have some great information sharing on this forum..

Welcome to the forum, Xpraetor.

Thank you for the replies & advice thus far.

But...be prepared when you do disagree, that you have you facts very straight...a world of experience on all hunting aspects amongst the members here...

fhm3006, I will keep your advice in mind. As I stated in my intro. I've been lurking around for the past year, and I wholeheartedly agree that there is a wealth of knowledge & experience in this forum's community. I have zero experience with regards to Africa, with exception to what I've read and studied. I got interested in Africa and it's game watching "Mutual of Omaha, Wild Kingdom" when I was young. I toyed with the idea once in 1995 of moving there to work for an outfitter. That failed en devour netted me a pretty extensive library, unfortunately I have no real experience- I'm what is called an armchair enthusiast. So, I won't be posting thoughts on that subject. I have enough trouble putting flames out after my bride lights me up.

Nor do I have hunting experience outside of the contiguous 48 and that is limited to the south, southeast, southwest, northwest & mid-west. You might see me in the NA forum chiming in, if I have something constructive to add.

I never tire reading about the hunts/adventures that others graciously share, truth be told I spend more time than I should browsing through here.

Thank you again, as always sound advice is what you find at AH.

Welcome to AH! Now is the time to be planning your first safari...rates are great right now!

Welcome to AH! Now is the time to be planning your first safari...rates are great right now!

TOM, I've noticed that prices are really reasonable, unfortunately a trip to Africa is not an attainable goal for me. Maybe someday.

I actually started exploring the possibilities of booking a cull hunt last year, but had to table it.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Hunting in Africa can be very cost effective and not as hard as you may think. Being here shows you have an interest in Africa and possibly hunting there.

For the cost of 5-6 well equiped rifles you can hunt Africa. Deals can be found here and I'm sure many of the operators can put together a cost effective package. Not everyone has to go 5 star and in fact I shun that type of Safari in order to meet the locals rather than consume a product.

Believe me, when you go you will never be the same again.

Being here shows you have an interest in Africa and possibly hunting there.

Code4, I most certainly have an interest, I mentioned it previously that I once had a futile ambition that I might move to Africa some years back. A college buddy was from Botswana and had extended an invitation. As fate would have it I was unable to make it.

If I sold 5 rifles I wouldn't have anything to hunt with. I'm not 5 star material either, my idea of a perfect hunt is the adventure never been one for trophy hunting. I was looking into a cull hunt last year before I had to scrap it. In my area we have been in a drought and my operation has been in trouble. If things level off and we catch up this 20" rain deficit I may get a chance to think about it again.

Believe me, when you go you will never be the same again.

I really appreciate the encouragement. Positive words like yours help keep the interest alive.
I not only believe it I expect Africa to change me. Like Yellowstone & Alaska it is one of the last wild places on earth.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Glad you joined and welcome to the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross