They are back

Dwight Beagle

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, Mexico and Argentina
After a long absence the Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 is back at Camera
Land. In addition the price is outstanding. This is my favorite scope by far in the price range I can afford - $750.00 and below.
https://cameralandny.com/spec-sheet...ifle-Scopes&catalog[product_guids][0]=1285381

In addition Athlon optics are on sale.
https://cameralandny.com/deal_of_the_week.html

Disclaimer: I’m not a shill for Camera Land but wouldn’t admit it if I was. In addition the owners of Camera Land have no compromising photographs of me taken after 1978.

Attachments

• Screenshot (369).png
    Screenshot (369).png
    111.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot (370).png
    Screenshot (370).png
    146 KB · Views: 104
I hear they are good scopes. However I can buy Leupold 3.5X10 VX3i for $320 and I know they are better than excellent scopes. They also are less money or in some cases the same.

I hear they are good scopes. However I can buy Leupold 3.5X10 VX3i for $320 and I know they are better than excellent scopes. They also are less money or in some cases the same.

I have VX-3’s and like them very much. I also like my two Meopta’s better for a 30-06, .270, etc.. Where they separate themselves from the VX-3 to my eyes is in low light. I didn’t say they were better than any other scope, I said they were MY favorite. There are many Meopta fans around and I was trying to do something of a public service.

What I will not do is engage in back and forth about which scope is better. I have a VX-3 1.75-6x32 on a Marlin 336. I had the custom shop install a German #4. I would rather have the VX-3 on that rifle than any Meopta. I also have a NIB VX-3 2-8x36 that will go on a .338 WM or .375 H&H should I ever get one.

Reactions: ack
Dwight Beagle--You may have mis-understood my post. I did not say the Leupold is better as I have not used the other scope. I just said that Leupold is an "better than excellent scope" meaning "I" think they are great scopes. That is not a put down of others(unless they are BSA-Back Slowly Away-- or a few of the other real cheap quality scopes) just that I KNOW the Leupold works great on my hunting rifles and have since the 1960's.
I will say that the Meopta does not have a long track record ---at least here in the USA --with a large number of units used as compared to the Leupold.
I currently have about 30 leupold rifle/pistol scopes that are from just bought new to 1960's. I have worked at a gun shop and seen all brands of scope returned for service but rarely a Leupold. I have no experience with the Meopta as they were not around when I was at a shop.
"I personally" and many friends as well as all my family members will only use Leupold on hunting rifles/pistols. For fun guns I use several different brands that cost less but will not be used rough or in bad weather. My 50bmg rifles have Nightforce NXS scopes and they are like a Leupold on steroids.

My post was not meant to be an argument back and forth or a put down of the Meopta brand. As I stated I have heard good things. I even considered getting one but I am a firm believer in "if it is not broke do not fix it". Thus one reason for me not to switch as well as the fact I get the Leupold for less money.

If you like them I say great ---use them. It is just another route to get to the same destination. You will get no put down argument from me unless you try to tell me the BSA/Leapers/etc is as good or better than the Leupold or Meopta or a Burris scopes for example

I just bought one of those $320 VX3i and have one of those $400 Zeiss Conquest (Meopta) from a few years ago. I also have a couple of the Cabela's Euro (Meopta) Scopes.

Im not going to argue one vs the other.
But will say the Eye Box is better on the Leupold (I llke them for big recoil) and the VX3i has better glass than the VX3.

Quality of glass once you get to the Meopta vs VX3i level can very well be subjective and depend on individual eye sight.

Get the one that works for you. They both are good products.

I like the Meo scopes, have 3 of them. I have not tried a late model Leupy but in the past they seem to lack (for me) adequate focusing range. The Meo and Zeiss scopes have more of those I have tried. My one complaint of one of my Meo scopes is getting the bloody adj caps back on without fighting:mad::mad::mad: to not cross thread them! Drives me nuckin futz sometimes!:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had three VX2 Leups on /06 fail to hold zero in Africa...They were promptly repaired and sold when I got them back..Next I took a couple Zeiss Conquest (MeOpta)to Africa and have since had no scope problems..I also have a 6x MeOpta on my .300 mag with zero problems..Warranty is worthless when out of country

I had nothing but Leupold scopes on all my rifles up until I bought a Swarovski scope. Have since sold off all the Leupolds and have all Swarovski now. My son has 3 Meopta's on his rifles and I rate them as excellent scope and great value for money

Hard to beat Swarovski scopes for the clarity. Just wish they had a little more eye relief.

Hard to beat Swarovski scopes for the clarity. Just wish they had a little more eye relief.
Yes, a little more eye relief would be a benifit on the large cals but for me they clarity of the scopes out weighs the slightly shorter eye relief IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg