Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Lawrence Anton Arbeiter

Born November 18, 1926 in Milwaukee, WI

Served in U.S. Army Air Corps during WWII

Raised 4 kids with his wife of 51 years (until her death in 2003)

Much loved by everyone who knew him.

Pictured here as a baby, held by his father Lorenz Arbeiter who emigrated to the U.S. from Austria at the age of 16, parentless with no money and no English.

Easter 1927

Gramps & Dad Easter 1927.jpg

Thanks Dad, for all you've done to make the world a better place.

Your loving son, Tim

Condolences to you and the family Tim. 91 years is a pretty good run!

I’m sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you and your family Tim.

Sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

We mourn your loss with you but celebrate a life well lived. Condolences.

May he rest in peace.

It sounds like he had a good run, and lived a life worth living.

Condolences @tarbe

Thanks gents.

Considering my Grandfather died at 59 from a massive heart attack, and my dad had bypass at 62, making it to 91 was quite an achievement!

He died while I was on a plane between Jo'burg and Paris. I was moved to pray for him while on that flight...when I landed I had a text from my wife to call asap. Needless to say, I knew what was coming.

He was not deemed to be near the end when I left the country...but Doctors cannot always know these things.

Tim,

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. I hope you were able to spend some time with him during the past few years.

Dave

Tim,

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. I hope you were able to spend some time with him during the past few years.

Dave

We were able to get to VA to see him twice in the past 4 months.

Fortunately my sister and her husband live just 7 miles from the house my dad lived in, until he finally moved in with my sister last September.

So he never went a day without seeing at least one of his four children. That gave those of us who were physically distant great comfort.

My condolences Tim. Glad you got to spend time with him during the holidays. Let me know if you need anything Brother!

My sympathies Tim.
I lost my 95 year old mother March 2017. I had driven 1000 miles each way to visit 4-5 times a year after retiring. Still hurt when she left us. My last trip I drove straight through. I went in the house and held her hand. She said “I love you” and closed her eyes for the last time. I cried like a child.
My dad only made it to 87. You’re a lucky man to have had your dad so long.
Cherish the memories. My heart is with you and your family.

Tim,

I'm sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss Tim. May he Rest In Peace.

It is good that a son pay tribute to his father....from whom he learned so much in life. May your dad Rest In Peace.

Tim so sorry to hear this news. With getting to meet you I have no dont he was one hell of a great man.

My condolences to you You and Kathy .

Tim,

Sorry for your loss! I teared up a bit thinking of my father, also a Vet who I lost a few years back. May the Lord comfort you in this difficult time!

Tim, I'll be thinking of you and your family during this time of grieving. I am so sorry.

Sorry to hear about your loss, you all will be in my prayers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg