Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
I have designs to suit most purposes guys from little ones that would open a snuff can or cap out a nice head, with models suited to various EDC or the skinning, boning and breaking down of anything you might be hunting and through Harry Wolhunters Lion Knife to Joe's JT Ranger Model for a multiplicity of possibilities. Check out the design page on my website to see all that are available or I can design one to suit your own particular needs.
http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Last edited:

Cervus elaphus

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
New Zealand, Australia
A few weeks ago I entered into a collaboration with our resident Kiwi Knifemaker to create an "African" knife which would incorporate a specific set of priorities. I had a specific length and requirements which drove the blade design. Using his vast experience, Gary incorporated those thoughts into a minimalist design, that is in the hand perfect. Everything about a knife that may be used for something other than cutting rope or potatoes is captured in its balance and heft. I am confident that this one could not be improved upon. He also created a minimalist sheath which carries the knife in what I consider the perfect location - weak-side/butt forward. There it is always available and never prodding you in the back or butt when in a vehicle.

Simply great work my friend. It will be with me every day in South Africa in June and hopefully for many years to come.

Nice blade Von, specially like the deep sheath.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Nice blade Von, specially like the deep sheath.
Thanks there are quite a few of that pattern out there doing it. Name is Garry but Gruff will do as well.

Cervus elaphus

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
New Zealand, Australia
Spoken like a true Southerner Garry. Hope you weren't upset with the recent Crusaders-Highlanders pre-season game where the red & blacks sneaked in at the last minute. It should be a good season. Cheers Brian

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VitoLewort

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.