Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
I have designs to suit most purposes guys from little ones that would open a snuff can or cap out a nice head, with models suited to various EDC or the skinning, boning and breaking down of anything you might be hunting and through Harry Wolhunters Lion Knife to Joe's JT Ranger Model for a multiplicity of possibilities. Check out the design page on my website to see all that are available or I can design one to suit your own particular needs.
http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Last edited:

Cervus elaphus

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand, returning 2021
A few weeks ago I entered into a collaboration with our resident Kiwi Knifemaker to create an "African" knife which would incorporate a specific set of priorities. I had a specific length and requirements which drove the blade design. Using his vast experience, Gary incorporated those thoughts into a minimalist design, that is in the hand perfect. Everything about a knife that may be used for something other than cutting rope or potatoes is captured in its balance and heft. I am confident that this one could not be improved upon. He also created a minimalist sheath which carries the knife in what I consider the perfect location - weak-side/butt forward. There it is always available and never prodding you in the back or butt when in a vehicle.

Simply great work my friend. It will be with me every day in South Africa in June and hopefully for many years to come.

Nice blade Von, specially like the deep sheath.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Nice blade Von, specially like the deep sheath.
Thanks there are quite a few of that pattern out there doing it. Name is Garry but Gruff will do as well.

Cervus elaphus

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand, returning 2021
Spoken like a true Southerner Garry. Hope you weren't upset with the recent Crusaders-Highlanders pre-season game where the red & blacks sneaked in at the last minute. It should be a good season. Cheers Brian

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharylClay

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG