Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
After two days at the DSC convention this year, Kathy and I were heading to the AH dinner Saturday night.

She so enjoyed visiting with the AH folks and Outfitters (in particular Mashambanzou Safaris and John Sharp Safaris) that she said she thought it was probably time for me to start planning a Cape Buffalo hunt.

I dang near drove off the road!

Do I think that conversation would have happened, had it not been for the convention? Probably not!

So here's the deal...if you want to go hunting in Africa and you missed DSC, the Houston Safari Club Convention is this weekend and SCI is in a few weeks.

Get busy making some travel plans, and bring your Minister of Finance!!

Sage counsel! Say @tarbe, if Zim is a possible location for your buff hunt and you'd like to talk, let me know.

I am glad to have met you and your Minister of Finance at the dinner again this year. My Minister of Finance allowed me to book a leopard hunt because she understood the possibility of missing one entirely if I waited. I beleive meeting people of like minds lets her at least see my addiction is shared by other "normal" people. Well normal for thise site, anyway.

At this point (so early) I am leaning towards either Mozambique or Zimbabwe.

I am certain I could probably have a great hunt in either country, with at least a half-dozen different outfits per country.

Personal recommendations from experienced guys counts for a lot!

Heck, it was Wes that got me talking to Richard at Mashambanzou. After a couple hours of visiting I was certain I'd like to share a camp/hunt with him. We can talk about reloading and bullet selection during down-time!

I guess this is why we have to go back. So many animals, so many good outfits!

I am glad to have met you and your Minister of Finance at the dinner again this year. My Minister of Finance allowed me to book a leopard hunt because she understood the possibility of missing one entirely if I waited. I beleive meeting people of like minds lets her at least see my addiction is shared by other "normal" people. Well normal for thise site, anyway.

K-Man are you going to Zim for spots?

Man I'm happy for you! What area are you hunting? I've got 90 days before departure!

Man I'm happy for you! What area are you hunting? I've got 90 days before departure!
. Save Conservancy, southern end. Been there twice, have seen all big 5 (multiple times) in daylight last trip.

Looking forward to your hunt report! Good luck and take lots of pictures.

. Save Conservancy, southern end. Been there twice, have seen all big 5 (multiple times) in daylight last trip.

Great cat hunting there! Looking forward to that report for sure!!

Thanks Guys! I hope it is an easy report to write!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois