AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
A large group of Isis fighters in Iraq are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a sand dune: "One US Marine is better than ten ISIS fighters”.

The Isis commander quickly orders 10 of best men over the dune where a gun battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence. The voice once again calls out: "One US Marine is better than 100 ISIS 'S.O.B.'s’".

Furious, the Isis commander sends his next best 100 troops over the dune and instantly a huge gun fight commences. After 10 minutes of battle, again silence.
The voice calls out again: "One US Marine is better than 500 ISIS fighters!!"

The enraged Isis commander musters 500 fighters and sends them to the other side of the dune. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades, rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible fight is fought ... then silence. Eventually, one badly wounded Isis fighter crawls back over the dune and with his dying words tells his commander,

"Don't send any more men ... it's a trap. There's two of them."

Bravo :sneaky: Don't think it is a joke though.... Sounds like truth to me....

They let me down they let 1 get away now like a fish it's going to take 15 or 20 minutes before they forget and we can lure them back over. :D Cheers:

I like it. My dad was a WWII marine and said the same thing about those others guys in the Pacific.

Got to love my boys. Semper Fi Devil Dogs.

Thank you for your dad's service
He helped pave the way and built our tradition for the rest of us that followed him.

Thank you for your dad's service
He helped pave the way and built our tradition for the rest of us that followed him.

Ain't that the truth?

One (of many) things pounded into our heads at Parris Island was...you never, ever want to do anything to tarnish the image of the Marine Corps or to tarnish the memory of those who went before you.

It made me want to be the best possible Marine....and to never quit no matter what.

Tarbe my dad explained the same thing. He trained at Paris Island in 1938 I think. He is the person who thought me how to shoot. All Marines he said were first and foremost a rifleman.

Yup. "Every Marine a Rifleman". That was the rule.

Every graduating Platoon honored their highest qualifier from the range with a Meritorious Promotion.

Marines are very serious about hitting what they shoot at.

Guys would complain about going to the range. I get to go and shoot someone else's rounds and get paid. A great spring morning on Parris Island firing your weapon. I loved it.

Guys would complain about going to the range. I get to go and shoot someone else's rounds and get paid. A great spring morning on Parris Island firing your weapon. I loved it.

I had to qualify during an early November rain, but still did manage that promotion out of the deal (fortunately everyone had to shoot in the same crap conditions).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross