AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Received this email from Ron Thomson which I wanted to share with all of you...

The-True-Green-Alliance.jpg

AfricaHunting.com

Dear Jerome,

Thank you for your regular emails with your hunting news and opportunities. At 77 (nearly 78) years old, however, I have given up active hunting - but still write profusely and positively about hunting and wildlife management affairs. See my personal website: www.ronthomsonshuntingbooks.co.za. Indeed my most recent book - "ELEPHANT 'CONSERVATION' - The Facts and the Fiction" - was very favourably reviewed by Dr Rolf Baldus (well-known member of CIC) in the German-published book "HUNTERS PATH" (Jagdzeit) and declared, by him, to be "The book of the year on elephant". Perhaps you should get a copy?

But this communication is NOT a "hard sell" enticing your readers to buy my books - although I would be very happy if they were encouraged to do so. In the present day and age hunting and hunters, and often vital wildlife management programmes (such as the need to cull excessive elephant populations), are being trashed by the animal rights movement world-wide and it is to THAT which I wish to draw your attention. A few of my friends and I recently created an organisation called "THE TRUE GREEN ALLIANCE" (TGA). Its primary purpose is to destroy the credibility of the animal rightist NGOs by seriously discrediting their doctrine within the public domain (world-wide - starting in South Africa); and to help us do that, we are concomitantly striving to create a properly informed public about the principles and practices of science-based wildlife management. See that attachment for further details. Our early campaigns are hard-hitting and they pull no punches. We tell it how it is. And we intent to get the general public to start hammering these criminals at every turn, too - by revealing to the man-in-the -street the realities of what these nefarious people get up to. We have already openly stated that the nature and blatant lies of their propaganda makes the animal rightist NGOs fraudsters and racketeers; and it makes the whole animal rights movement the epitome of organised international crime. We are going to get a lot of flack about such statements, but we are not going to back down - not until the whole world has been made to see and to understand the true nature of these scandalous realities.

NOTE: It was the TGA that labelled them ECO-RACKETEERS. You are going to hear a lot about that name in the months and years ahead.

All this is being projected to the big wide world on our TGA website (www.mahohboh.org) and by way of our Facebook. Both are very active and - although they have been running for only one month - are attracting a lot of attention. I would request that you suggest to the people on your database that they visit our website and read our very informative blogs thereon; and that they interact favourably with the TGA on Facebook. And let them have sight of the "Media Information Report" that I have attached to this email. Finally, I would be most grateful if you would encourage your people to register with the TGA as members.

Many people have asked me: "What do I get out of it by becoming a TGA member?" My answer is: "You will get out of it just as much as you put into it." The TGA was formed to SERVE hunters, safari operators, wildlife managers, anglers, trappers, wildlife harvesters, and ordinary nature-loving members of the public, by fighting the good fight against the pernicious anti-hunting and anti-wildlife-use activists who want to shut us all down. WE - the directors of the TGA - get absolutely NOTHING out of the TGA - except the satisfaction that we are fighting a worthy war against "the common enemy". The TGA owns no game ranches; we are not safaris outfitters; we do not run tourism businesses; and when any of one of us goes hunting it is to satisfy our personal life-long passion to commune with nature in the most natural of ways - by getting our clothes, hands and faces bloodied; and by so doing keeping our hearts and minds clean and pure.

At the least, please ask your people to register with the TGA and allow us to put their names on our database - without any kind of further obligation. Having one's contact details on the TGA's database merely enables us to send our newsletters to those who register. Asking your people to interact with us on our website and Facebook page, will only enrich their wildlife and hunting experiences; and their souls. But registering with us as "members", on the other hand, will enable all your people to help us fight these nefarious animal rights activists; and that will enable us all - collectively - to rid ourselves of these nefarious people. If we are not "in it" we will never "win it".

The TGA does NOT belong to "me" or to my co-directors. It belongs to "everybody" who recognises and understands the harm that the animal rights movement is doing to the world of wildlife everywhere. Join us.... become a member... and help us rid the planet of these "eco-racketeers". We cannot win this battle without the help of the kind people that associate with the likes of you. If we all pull together we WILL "sort them out".

I will be going to Switzerland at the end of April at the special invitation of the CIC's Director General - to participate in the CIC General Assembly meeting 2017. And besides addressing the CIC with regard to the existence and the purpose of the TGA, I will also be one of four international hunters on a special panel that will be addressing the delegates (and the media) about several controversial wildlife conservation and hunting matters. This discussion is scheduled to last two hours. Just in case you don't know it, the CIC represents 30 million hunters world-wide. I mention this just to tell you that, even when they don't know it, the TGA - all the time - is protecting your hunters' interests.

I shall look forward to your response.

With kind regards

Ron

Ron Thomson
Author, Wildlife Journalist &
Wildlife Management Consultant
Ron Thomson Publications
PO Box 452
Kenton-on-Sea 6191
Tel: (046) 648 1243
Cell: 072 587 1111
Fax2email: 086 540 6615
Email: magron@ripplesoft.co.za
Web: http://www.ronthomsonshuntingbooks.co.za

Attachments

• The True Green Alliance.pdf
    806.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
What is...

INTRODUCTION

THE TRUE GREEN ALLIANCE (TGA) Reg No: NPC (2016/537572/08)

The True Green Alliance is a non-government and non-profit organisation that promotes caring for the earth and sustainable living practices throughout the societies and governments of southern Africa. It supports the sustainable use of living resources, and fosters the correct social and official government attitudes towards wildlife management.

VISION

To create a southern African (ultimately global) society that is properly informed about the principles and practices of wildlife management; that understands the wisdom of, and necessity for, the practice of sustainable utilisation of living resources (both wild and domesticated) for the benefit of mankind; that supports animal welfare; and that rejects animal rights - the doctrine of which seeks to abolish all animal uses by man.

MISSION

The TGA:

•  To educate society on all aspects of the TGA vision.

•  To field a trained and responsible team of TGA experts that will constantly counteract animal rights propaganda; that will reverse pro-animal rights perceptions within society and government; and that will purge society of the pernicious scourge of animal rights activism.

•  To create a strong, broad-based, credible and respected alliance of individuals, businesses, other NGOs and organs of government, that are involved with the management of living resources; and that, collectively will constantly strive to achieve the TGA’s mission.
  •  Considers the application of honest science to be the only vehicle that can provide mankind with an understanding of the natural world; and that can provide the information necessary for mankind to develop rational and effective methods to manage our living resources (both domesticated and wild).

•  Recognises the intrinsic value of all our living resources and their importance to humanity, and we believe these resources, and our people, should be looked upon as a single, integrated and ecological-cultural-economic complex.

•  Believes that:
o wild animals should be considered by society to be WILD “products of the land” just as we have come to accept that cattle, sheep and goats (and cultivated plants) are TAME (or domesticated) “products of the land”;

o both wild and tame animals should be managed - and used, wisely and sustainably for the benefit of mankind;

TGA.Media Information Report

o organised agriculture is the best vehicle to control the management of domesticated animals and cultivated plants (the TAME “products of the land”); and TGA defers to the appropriate organs of agriculture in these respects;

Nevertheless, the TGA believes that it has a watchdog role to play (even in agriculture) with respect to the need for society to adhere to our overall natural resource management priorities - which are:

•  First - for the good care and sustainable ‘wise use’ of the soil;

•  Second - for the good care and sustainable ‘wise use’ of plants; and

•  Third - for the good care and sustainable ‘wise use’ of all our animals - in that hierarchical order of priority.

The TGA:
  •  Supports the scientifically determined control of wild animal population numbers (by way of organised population reduction, culling and/or harvesting practices); and it supports and promotes regulated hunting, trapping and fishing (both recreational and commercial) provided those practices are sustainable.

•  Believes that people have the right to pursue either consumptive or non-consumptive uses of their privately-owned wildlife (wild plants and animals) - as they see fit - provided such use is sustainable.

•  Is concerned that foundational elements of the animal rights philosophy contradict the principles of successful wildlife management practices, globally; and that they promote false choices within society regarding desirable current and potential human-wildlife relationships. The animal rights lobby also creates false expectations for wildlife population management, and erodes society’s confidence in decades of knowledge gained from extensive scientific exploration of wildlife management practices, and the management of wild habitats.
THE WORLD CONSERVATION STRATEGY (1980)

The cornerstones of the TGA’s philosophy are modelled on the provisions of the World Conservation Strategy - 1980 (WCS). This protocol was declared, at the time of its promulgation, to be the official mission statement and the principle policy, of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN). In 1980, the WCS was hailed by world society as being the blue print for the symbiotic survival of both man and nature on planet earth.

After the promulgation of the WCS, all those responsible sovereign states, who were members of the IUCN at that time, obligated themselves to model their National Conservation Strategies (NCSs) on the WCS template; and to write its provisions into their national laws. South Africa was one of them.

The WCS proposed and promoted, inter alia, an integrated approach to development and sustainable natural resource management. The three principle objectives of what the WCS describes as living resource conservation (sic) are:

1. To maintain essential ecological processes and life support systems (such as soil regeneration and protection, the recycling of nutrients, and the cleansing of water) on which human survival and development depend;

2. To preserve genetic diversity (the range of genetic material found in the world’s organisms), on which depend the functioning of many of the above processes and life-support systems, the breeding programmes necessary for the protection and improvement of cultivated plants, domesticated animals and microorganisms, as well as much scientific and medical advancement, technical innovation, and the security of the many industries that use living resources; and

3. To ensure the sustainable utilisation of species and ecosystems (notably fish and other wildlife, forests and grazing lands), which support millions of rural communities as well as major industries.

The TGA recognises the importance to mankind of our societies embracing, and of our governments achieving, all three of these objectives. It shall be TGA’s purpose to promote and support the attainment of these objectives in everything that we undertake; and to oppose, and to expose all activities that might render them beyond our reach.

The TGA believes that the WCS still represents a blue-print for the survival of both mankind AND nature on planet earth and that our publics-at-large, and our governments, should be encouraged to continue to embrace this opinion.

THE GREEN MOVEMENT

The TGA recognises and supports the legitimacy of all those true elements of what society euphemistically calls The Green Movement (or The Greenies) - including TRUE environmentalism and TRUE animal welfare-ism. There is a third component, however - animal rightsism - the ideology of which we believe has no place in any civilised and responsible society.

TGA categorises and identifies the three elements of The Green Movement as follows:

•  TRUE Environmentalism is a doctrine that strives to ensure that the environment in which we all live remains in a habitable and healthy condition. The TRUE environmentalist believes in and supports all three objectives of the WCS’s living resource conservation ethic. True environmentalism, therefore, works for both the benefit of mankind and in the best interests of all other living resources (plants and animals) on planet earth. We believe that every person on this globe, therefore, should be a TRUE environmentalist because to be anything else is suicidal.

•  TRUE Animal welfarists also believe in, and they support, all three objectives of the WCS’s living resource conservation ethic - with provisos. They insist that when man uses a LIVE animal for his own benefit (such as using an ox to plough a field; or a donkey to pull a cart), the animal must be treated humanely; and that when man kills an animal to obtain benefits (such as slaughtering a beast to obtain meat to eat), such killing must be conducted without cruelty. TRUE animal welfare organisations, therefore, oversee man’s civilised standards in his treatment of the animals that he uses. For this reason, they deserve society’s support.

•  Animal Rightists reject the WCS entirely. They are particularly opposed to the third principle of the living resource conservation ethic and, because of this, they are easily identifiable, and separable, from environmentalists and animal welfarists. Animal rightists are fanatical in their belief that man has no right whatsoever to use an animal - ANY animal - for his own benefit - in ANY way. They believe that animals - both domesticated and wild - have the same right to life as have human beings. And they insist that man should eat nothing but vegetable foods.

THE ANIMAL RIGHTISTS

NB: Animal rightists cannot achieve their objectives without violating the legitimate rights of other people.

The TGA identifies animal rightsism as the biggest obstacle to the attainment of WCS & NCS goals everywhere; and we understand, unequivocally, that the healthy status of wild animal populations, wild habitats, and biological diversity is adversely affected whenever and wherever the animal rightists have been able to successfully interfere in wildlife management principles and practices. Therefore, the TGA will concentrate on stopping any new inroads that the animal rights movement tries to make, and on reversing the successful advances it has already had, on the thinking and on the practices of our governments and civil services, and on the hearts and minds of our society - particularly our urban society.

The animal rightists are fundamentally and diametrically opposed to what the animal welfare organisations are striving to achieve. They claim that the animal welfare doctrine is the biggest stumbling block to the attainment of their animal rights objectives; and they very clearly, and very forcibly, identify their differences. The animal welfare ideology, the animal rightists say, is aimed at regulating man’s use of animals thereby legitimising within our social.

psyche, the idea that animals can and should be used for the benefit of mankind; whilst the animal rightists purpose is to abolish man’s use of animals (in every dimension).

BECOME A TGA MEMBER. All intelligent, responsible and nature-loving people in society should support the TGA. Helping the TGA to succeed is the only way to ensure that there will still be wild animals, wild plants and wild places in this world when our grandchildren’s’ grandchildren have replaced you and me on this planet. And donate whatever you can. We have an ambitious programme and every little bit will help!

MORE INFORMATION

Contact Ron Thomson, the TGA’s CEO.
Phone: +27 046 648 1243; Cell: +27 072 587 1111; Fax: 086 540 6615; Email: magron@ripplesoft.co.za Website: www.mahohboh.org

Very interesting read. Thank you Jerome for sharing. I would say this man is spot on!

Looks like the kind of group we need. I did not see a place to join though or donate. Looks like that part is not working yet. If they can back up there talk I think I will be joining shortly.

Thanks Jerome and Brickburn.

I did not see a place to join though or donate. Looks like that part is not working yet. If they can back up there talk I think I will be joining shortly.

I have been in contact with Mr. Thomson via email, and he stated that they were working on getting something up and running to receive foreign donations.......

Until then, I will wait for that to happen, and then I plan on sending in my membership fee.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross