Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I was checking out some of the AH sponsor's websites this morning and came across this article from @hansv. It's well worth reading.

http://cvsafaris.co.za/the-third-way-by-peter-ryan/

Dave

CVS-Field-Sports-Article2-1.jpg
CVS-Field-Sports-Article2-2.jpg
CVS-Field-Sports-Article2-3.jpg
CVS-Field-Sports-Article2-4.jpg
CVS-Field-Sports-Article2-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A good read. Thanks for posting it.

@Clayton I fully agree with you and will go one step more and say everyone here on AH should read this article. I have had the good fortune to hunt two very large areas on my safaris in South Africa. The vastness of these great properties can only be experienced first hand but this article sure paints a good picture.

Thanks for sharing!

Peter Ryan is a very thoughtful writer, his book Wild South is definitely worth a read if you can track it down.

Timely. I will hunt with Coenraad Vermaak Safaris on the cancellation hunt posted here a while back. Will be with them in Nov. Should be quite the adventure! Thanks for posting. Bruce

Thanks gents, appreciate the kind words. Some writing is commercial but that piece was from the heart.
Cheers, Pete

Cheers Henrik. We really ought to go tip something over one day.
Your profile pic is a good likeness ;)

Yea, its an old photo - I look much worse now :)
I'd be keen to share a dram, maybe shoot than pretty 9.3 of yours or I can bring my 7x57 when Allen is done with it.

Looking forward to your next book, it would go a long way to lifting the spirits after all the rain we've had the last few weeks.
H

Thanks for taking the time to read Pete's article. It is really well written and Pete is such a great guy to be on safari with. This article was originally published by Fieldsports Magazine UK.

Pete, when are you going to make it to DSC

Thanks for posting. A great article with splendid photography too.

Now to try and track down Peter's book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg