The taxidermist delivered!!!

robmunn

Reaction score
Member of
SCI, RMEF, MDF, DU
Hunted
South Africa
I had my safari taxidermy work done by Jim August in Portland, OR. Everything looks great, pleased with the work. It was great to relive the memories of hunting in Africa, but just made me want to go back more. I'm getting a rug made from my zebra and it is still at the rugger, so I'll have to post pics of it when I get it. I don't have the best picture of the Blue Wildebeest but the pedestal has inserts of elephant leather that they had extra of and cape buffalo leather also, and it looks really nice.
IMG_9297 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9304 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9308 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9313 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9317 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9318 - Copy.JPG

Looks great, congrats!

Good looking mounts!

It is nice to relive the trip through the trophies.

Nicely done.

Thanks for sharing the results with us.

Great mounts...

I love the springbuck. I think it is the wrinkles on the nose.

Love the kudu ped! They all look great, makes me need a nyala all that much more.

Nice heads. The Impala looks just right.

that is great taxidermy , I love the Nyala especially, you must be very happy with them

Very nice. Love the Nyala and the kudu looks great. Can't wait till I do my plains game hunt.

Your heads look great. Nicely positioned in the room also!

Beautiful! I especially love the pedestal under the kudu mount, and I'm debating doing the same on my kudu. I think it would give greater options for moving it around the home. And I love how they sometimes try to add native elements to the base as well. The taxidermist I am using also did a beautiful painting on the backside of his pedestal mount as opposed to using the skins. Thanks for sharing. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg