AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The Sportsman's Handbook to Collecting, Preserving, and ...
by Rowland Ward

London, Rowland Ward, Limited

Book Digitized by Google
From 1906

I have made an endeavour, iii the following pages, to present to the sportsman naturalist some information that may be valuable to him as derived solely from experience - either the accumulated experience of my family, of whom I am now the only representative in our profession, or the carefully collected experience of others in those parts of the subject where my own work has not carried me. My grandfather was a practical naturalist; my father, the late Henry Ward, became eminent in the same way, but with some remarkable advantages, having travelled much in pursuit of his profession in both hemispheres, and notably as the companion of Audubon, when that distinguished man was so greatly enriching and extending the field of natural history. I have been greatly assisted by the information given me by many travellers and true sportsmen. It has been my object to avoid mere speculative opinion and to make the book as concise as might be.
[ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH ]

Note: This online digitized book can be fully viewed online. Click here »

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you