The Secret Seven

There were no votes for pole cats in addition to the other cats. And unlike another election, this one was entirely transparent (especially since I got outvoted).

If people can present a note signed by their doctor (a real one, not the kind we’re seeing these days) attesting to a disability which limits their ability to shoot, for example, cats which look like house pets, the I assume under the ADA we will have to accommodate that. Otherwise, the categories are closed!
Haha fair enough

Just for future reference, my doctor may or may not write notes in crayon. Imagine the look on the airline staff face if they make the covid vaccine mandatory and I show up with such a note...

I have been fortunate enough to kill a jackal with my bow. Shot at and missed a caracal. Never seen a cat jump so high in all of my life.

I would not shoot a mongoose as it can take down a mamba.
+1. I wouldn’t shoot a mongoose there or a bull snake here. They both help control poisonous snakes.

So the current proposal is African wildcat; caracal; serval; civet; genet; honey badger, and aardwolf.
I can go along with this list although I'd personally prefer to take out the Honey Badger. It is a worthy opponent but from the one growling and snarling at out feet, and his all around "don't care" attitude, I don't think of him as secretive. More like a night owl drunken brawler. I'd classify him more with hyena and leopard.

Personally I'd include the Bat Eared Fox. Or any African fox, or a mongoose. During my last hunt over there, I saw 5 white tailed mongoose in the EC and 3 in Limpopo. They were on the list and I had a permit in Limpopo but never got a shot.

20210122_222129.jpg

I still need an African Wild Cat, a Civit, and whether part of the Secret Seven or not, a white tailed mongoose. All of which I've seen but not gotten on previous hunts with @LIMPOPO BIG GAME SAFARIS

I propose that we put all the animals in the thread on the list and the hunter takes the 7 he/she is most interested in to complete the 7.

@ActionBob "I can go along with this list although I'd personally prefer to take out the Honey Badger. It is a worthy opponent but from the one growling and snarling at out feet, and his all around "don't care" attitude, I don't think of him as secretive. More like a night owl drunken brawler. I'd classify him more with hyena and leopard."

I think this is what you meant by "night owl drunken brawler"

honeybadger don't care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Added to my list on a fantastic hunt with @KMG Hunting Safaris. Caracal, Bat Eared Fox, and Aardwolf.
Also added a jackal hunted on a great safari Intrepid Safaris, however I shot him with my 500 Jeffery so don't have a picture of him.

aardwolf.jpg
BEFOX.jpg
carcal1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg