In Scotland the trouble is that when grouse are in season the days are already shortening. We would allow you to bag the cook after sunset. Due to seasons you are limited to between 12 August and 30 September. Cooks are in season all year.
Great anecdote! Thanks for sharing!

Good day all! The pricing seen in this post is still available for 2021!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

That's a great challenge!

When I saw the title, I wondered what the four legged quarry would be that would keep with the spirit of the McNab. I quite boringly went 'classic' and thought Kudu but then I read its likely to be a Vaal Rhebok, I thought what an inspired choice. It wasn't one I'd thought of but, having had one of the hardest hunts on my life trying to bag one of these animals, it's just the perfectly demanding animal.....and in hills as well to keep the highland feelings going.

Great idea - that'll create some exhausted but very happy guys.

FN

Untitled design (10).png

That's a great challenge!

When I saw the title, I wondered what the four legged quarry would be that would keep with the spirit of the McNab. I quite boringly went 'classic' and thought Kudu but then I read its likely to be a Vaal Rhebok, I thought what an inspired choice. It wasn't one I'd thought of but, having had one of the hardest hunts on my life trying to bag one of these animals, it's just the perfectly demanding animal.....and in hills as well to keep the highland feelings going.

Great idea - that'll create some exhausted but very happy guys.

FN
Thank you for the vote of confidence FN! A Vaalie is an absolutely incredible animal to hunt! We have one Royal Macnab still coming up this year and we look forward to sharing the story with everyone!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel

We are ready and taking bookings for this trip for 2022! Our two scheduled trips to the mountains for the 2021 season are coming up at the beginning of July and at the end of July! Stay tuned for some pics and updates of how they go!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

The absolutely beautiful Vaalie we took on our first trip to the mountains in early July!
IMG_20210706_103935.jpg

Gorgeous Mountain Reedbuck from the mountains!
P1130599_edit_203388403499692.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg